What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seed grown hamata variants

Just curious as to what everyone's is looking like...

This is new terrain for me but mine seems very red so far, it's already 24" from the light... so I have to think that lighting is not the only variable at play.

Oh and disregard the dust and "cookie crumbs" that is granular trich

hamata.jpg

Av

Very nice, from what I remember of mine, even in low light the leaves would develop a purple tinge. The pitchers were green, but that could have been from age of the plant.

That's an incredible looking hamata. I'm wish my neps had that color. x3 Such a shame its pitchers aren't as colored up.

Mr. T, ahh what happened to yours?

Cape, thanks... the pitcher color is also getting more intense with each one... so who knows at this point

Actually I was just a little worried, I feel better now.. LOLOL
Av

Mr. T, ahh what happened to yours?

Mites happened. It was very vigorous plant that had no problem with humidity and high day temps. The mites killed it though. It turned all brown and dried out.

Here is mine. It hasn't pitchered yet, but it's growing well and is colored up nice.

Pics

hamata0001.jpg

hamata0002.jpg

peace,
Zero

Here is mine, missed its last pitcher but seems to be back on the right track.
got its first fertilization the other day...
wonder how that will work for it. its actually alot more red than it looks in the picture....my camera is junk lol.
seedgrownhamata1-25-09003.jpg

i will post my pic as soon as this next piticher opens.

damn B! that looks freaking awsome man. :D I wish my hamata was that red. lol.

Well V, post yours mate

I know yours are pretty far along
Av

Remember the growth point of mine dying off? Its still slowly recovering. I can't wait for it to get back to making normal leaves again. I'll surely post it up once another normal leaf opens up.

Beautiful! if only i had a Hamata... One day.

Wow that first Hamata is just beautiful.

And the others look great too, but it seems your sphagnum moss is not doing too well...

Maybe that indicates a poor factor somewhere.

And the others look great too, but it seems your sphagnum moss is not doing too well...

Maybe that indicates a poor factor somewhere.

They're just dried up growth tips. I have the same thing on my LFS and nothing's wrong...

update:

Slowed down a little after translplanting, but getting back to business now

July, 2009:
SG_hamata_0709.jpg

SG_hamata2_0709.jpg

Leaves are still a very dark burgandy wine color
Av

incredible plant....
waaaay ahead of mine
but i imagine now that its outside, it will kick up and grow right.

Av,
Is your media 100% live LFS & what size pot is that? (Incredibly red btw).

I wonder if there is some sort of residual t/c effect that speeds up the growth of the clones from the labs vs seedgrown?

Thanks for the kind words....

Ron, it is my basic cypress/lfs/aps heli mix with a top dressing of live sphag.
The pot is 6" diameter

Av

By far one of the best hamatas I've seen yet. You have ridiculous lighting. LOL.

Back