What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We have a young dark truncata :)

excuse the crappy quality lol....

DSC02885.jpg

DSC02886.jpg

sorry for the weird post. I think my friend must have done that...
anyways, really nice coloration on these! can't wait to see them mature

Very nice. :) Interesting coloration on the new leaf

Mine, a month ago. The pitchers take a really long time to form then last a long time while the next one forms :) . Sirkristoff, yours has made the leap!

IMG_2695.jpg

Very nice. :) Interesting coloration on the new leaf

hey cap, that coloration is typical on truncata before the leaf fully grows out and develops :)
its my way of knowing "oh crap...the leaf is gonna get bigger"

I cant remember where, but I saw a photo of a truncata about 3-4" in diameter. It was a solid bright fire engine red, even the leaves were red.

Here is the newest pitcher to open, as well as some photos of the plant...
the new pitcher is just above 7" and the plant diameter is 9"
the pot is a 3 1/2" pot....
the plant still has many of the leaves it arrived with lol
if im not mistaken, its potted in peat/perlite/sphagnum/sand/osmunda fiber/orchid bark and a top dressing of what used to be live sphagnum but its kinda died back since the move inside for winter....
The pitcher will color up more as it ages, just opened up over night
Nepenthestruncata004.jpg

Nepenthestruncata003.jpg

Nepenthestruncata001.jpg

Your plant has grown up quite a bit. After this the peristome starts to develope, getting larger and flaring.

WOW Sirkristoff, that plant is really impressive, I hope i can someday grow plants like that... What conditions are you growing it in?

intermediate highland conditions, Antechron. one of the few plants i have inside my room anymore lol

Wow, that is an impressive plant. Looks like it will need repotting so it doesn't tip the pot over.

How high is the RH in your room Sirkristoff? That picture totally makes me happy. I think i will just revel in YOUR success for now. ;P

lol antechron, the RH in my room is....hell i dont even know rofl.
but in the grow spot that they are in is probably 50% or so.....

That truncata is... ....simply amazing! :-O

By the way, nice desktop too. ;)

That truncata is... ....simply amazing! :-O

By the way, nice desktop too. ;)

lol thanks....my last desk top was better but i lost all of my photos and music the other day when my comp decided to go on the fritz....still working on getting it all back up and running

Back