What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does heat help?

does having seeds in warmer conditions help them germinate? i was just wondering because i had 3 pots of seeds that were in my ultrahighland chamber for months and i moved them to my intermediate mini greenhouse and they all germinated within 1 week.
thanks
adam

I think most seeds benefit from slightly warmer temps. I would guess that going down a temp level would help nep seed germinate as well. So highland seed in intermediate, low land in ultra lowland, etc.

does having seeds in warmer conditions help them germinate? i was just wondering because i had 3 pots of seeds that were in my ultrahighland chamber for months and i moved them to my intermediate mini greenhouse and they all germinated within 1 week.
thanks
adam

Correlation is not necessarily causation. Chance are, your seeds would have germinated in any case. True, warmer Tbs tend to encourage rapid germination but that can also be species-specific. You had mentioned that the seeds had been planted months ago. The fact that you moved them just recently is probably just coincidental . . .

Back