What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. villosa pics

Don't get too excited! I've had this nearly 3 years and it's a little over 4" across. Although it's slow grower, it's a rewarding plant to grow and observe.

My conditions are not ideal, or it would probably be larger. I am afraid I'm getting near the point where it will slowly fade away, unless I build an enclosure with alpine/ultrahighland conditions.

63df7843.jpg

6b9a293d.jpg

391e400c.jpg

1-36.jpg

f76994fb.jpg

Cheers,
Mac

Wow. It's abosolutely amazing! Hopefully you solve a solution to your problem! But...may I advise to use ice bottles maybe?

Good luck with those. I read that they are the slowest of all Nepenthes, but they'll look nice and beautiful when they grow up

What a beauty! Excellent job growing it, those ultra-highlanders can be a real pain.

wow well even for not been ideal, thats the biggest and best Villosa Ive ever seen in cultivation.

Keep up the good work man! It's got great color, and a surprisingly sweet peristome in comparison to its size.

Dex, check out some of those EU members on cpukforums. Some of them have villosas that are 15 years old, and only a couple feet across. Talk about dedication! Beautiful little villosa you got there. Thank goodness for our natural ultrahighland conditions. My little villosa is outgrowing my lowii, or atleast keeping pace with it.

Nice looking N.villosa I hear they're pretty slow going, but the pitcher on it is very nice I love the teeth and the color of it. =)

What kind of Nep mix do you have it planted in?

fantastic! I am sure there are quite a few people with villosa in their collection. Its soo satisfying to see such a beautiful species being offered at reasonable prices.

Back