What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 Young Talangensis basals

Talangensisbasalafterremoval.jpg

removed them today, a shot before i potted them up for rooting.

Interesting. Something I think I should be more aggressive about separating basals, but I love the bushy look.
~Joe

Hey SK How are you gowing about to root them? I want to vut my Muluensis x Lowii basals soon.

Ummm If you left them longer wouldn't have you gotten them to make their own roots?

Ummm If you left them longer wouldn't have you gotten them to make their own roots?

From what I've seen, basals are attached to the very base of the stem of a Nep, with no roots.

Cool. How tall is that N. talangensis? Then I can know when mine will produce basals.

Clue, Talangensis will basal almost at any time.
my vine is about a foot or so.
No, carn they dont make their own roots, like Capensis said, they are attached to the plant. just at the rootball.

Oh well I guess I should listen to everything I hear :) Are you going to root them in Pure LFS Moss?

Already am rooting them Carn :p i generally root in LFS/Perlite, LFS, LFS/Peat/Perlite...it depends on what i have handy or what i feel like going through lol its all the same to me.

I hope they work out for you. I've had horrible luck with cuttings, especially basals.

They eventually make their own roots.

xvart.

Back