What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New plants finally here! and a coupld Updates!

Ok so here first are the updates:
N. hamata seedgrown BE
Nepnepsandupdates2-28-09002.jpg

N. macrophylla seedgrown BE
some of you may remeber when this arrived...looked nearly dead
well its doing much better and is actually inflating a pitcher
Nepnepsandupdates2-28-09001.jpg

Now the new ones, accidentally posted before i could add em -_-
N. jamban
Nepnepsandupdates2-28-09.jpg

N. truncata x xTrusmadiensis
sorry this one is blurry, will get a better pic later
Nepnepsandupdates2-28-09006.jpg

and finally the king
N. rajah
this plant is a beast, barely fits in my rack. i had to bury half the vine under the media for it to fit, even then the vine had to be somewhat laid down. X_X cant wait for my greenhouse to get build now
Nepnepsandupdates2-28-09004.jpg

Nepnepsandupdates2-28-09003.jpg

Very nice Kris. My jamban is currently weather delayed, but at least I get to look at yours to see what I can expect. The hamata has colored up nicely, and I'm glad to see that your macro has recovered nicely.

Dang! The truncata x x TM seems like it'll be a winner. And the rajah is HUGE. o_O

Last edited:
wow your plants look great :D i love how the N. Hamata and the Raja look, i'm jelous i'v been looking for a Raja and a Hamata at a decent price but yet to find one

That truncata xTM seems to be dominated by truncata in the leaf shape. Everything is looking very nice.

That truncata xTM seems to be dominated by truncata in the leaf shape. Everything is looking very nice.

Yes this is true, truncata seems very dominant in its hybrids, especially if its the mother like in this case :)

Very impressive size on that rajah. I nearly got myself one also, but I just would not be able to handle it's eventual size. One day though... And your macro has recovered greatly!

Your jamban looks lanky like mine. I don't normally like long, viney type neps, but with this one it just means those great uppers will come sooner, I hope.

Very impressive size on that rajah. I nearly got myself one also, but I just would not be able to handle it's eventual size. One day though... And your macro has recovered greatly!

Your jamban looks lanky like mine. I don't normally like long, viney type neps, but with this one it just means those great uppers will come sooner, I hope.

Yeah its gonna be a monster one day. thankfully i have a greenhouse now. just have to build it :)
The Jamban is lanky, yeah. ive heard that Jamban, Jacqueineae, and Flava all vine early like their cousin Talangensis. So we will see :)
I am very happy with the Macrophylla now considering what its gone through.

all i can say Kris, is you make it darn hard to wait for spring so i can order a few things...........

all i can say Kris, is you make it darn hard to wait for spring so i can order a few things...........

Bwahahhahahaha :) i waited 2 months for the jamban, and added the rajah and truncata x TM at the end of January...so ive been waiting

nice plants. my n.rajah has pull out like 3 tendrils but none of them inflating pitcher lolll

Rajah is a bit difficult to pitcher
it likes its pitchers to be sitting in lfs from what ive seen

Some more shots and another update!
Sibuyanensis
Nepnepsandupdates2-28-09013.jpg

Truncata x xTrusmadiensis
finally a clearer photo
Nepnepsandupdates2-28-09014.jpg

And some more shots of the rajah
Nepnepsandupdates2-28-09011.jpg

Nepnepsandupdates2-28-09009.jpg

Nepnepsandupdates2-28-09010.jpg

Nepnepsandupdates2-28-09007.jpg

Nepnepsandupdates2-28-09012.jpg

Enjoy!

OMG Kristoff... that Rajah is amazing! You are so lucky to have received such a ginormous plant! And in your conditions it should do quite nicely. Very cool :). Please keep us updated on the King's progression :). Thanks for sharing!

Daniel

PS: That Truncata x TM seems to have some promising color tones in the pitcher at such a young age. I absolutely love that cross. Thanks again!

Thanks for the comments everyone :) i will most definitely keep you guys posted on the "king's" progression. hopefully its a queen lol! Jeremiah Harris apparently had his rajah flower, i might be missunderstanding its title, but it sounded like a female to me. :) and Nepenthes, that is another plant i will be watching very closely. There is quite a bit of potential in the truncata x xTrusmadiensis hybrids, aloooot of variability. cant wait to see how (s)he grows up in my conditions along side all 3 of its parents....will be quite interesting :)

"The Jamban is lanky, yeah. ive heard that Jamban, Jacqueineae, and Flava all vine early like their cousin Talangensis. So we will see"
my jamban was very lanky before i did a cutting, which oddly made a bulb at the end of the cutting in the soil and is starting to make roots but back to the Jacqueineae it is a wide plant i dont think they get very lanky. i think the flava is the same way mine is to small to tell.

i didnt mean to make it sound like jacquelineae was lanky, what i was meaning to say was i think the vine at a small size.

Some more updates to add
N. lowii - Gunung Trusmadi
i havent photographed this one in awhile, it has been resting a pitcher in my glabrata pot for awhile but is finally inflating it. hopefully gonna be a nice pitcher like its previous ones
Nepupdates3-1-09008.jpg

N. glabrata - this thing is absolutely nuts, pitchers on every tendril, puts out atleast 2 1/2 leaves a month and just LOVES my UHL conditions
Nepupdates3-1-09001.jpg

N. tentaculata - Gunung Murud
Finally on the right track as far as pitchering, its third one for me. the one before opened up prematurely. this one is on the right track
Nepupdates3-1-09003.jpg

N. macrophylla seedgrown BE - i know i updated on this a couple posts up, but the pitcher that is inflating has grown quite noticeably over the last day and a half.
Nepupdates3-1-09005.jpg

N. truncata - Pasian highland dark - this is the plant that put out the dark pitcher that i posted earlier last month or so. Hopefully as the plant gets older, that color will come out more and more.
Nepupdates3-1-09007.jpg

N. copelandii Mt. Apo - A cutting i receive a few months ago from Zero, thanks again bro :) let me know when your temps are warm enough to send the seedlings
Nepupdates3-1-09006.jpg

N. veitchii 'Batu Lawi' highland - such a cute little plant, i received this plant a few months ago from Maxposwillo in a trade. settled in right away and is growing quite well :) gonna be a winner when its older
Nepupdates3-1-09004.jpg

ENJOY!

Back