What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just got a couple shipments in, and I forgot to ask and make a post about one plant I received in the first shipment.It is a Veitchii x Boschiana, and i was wondering if it is common for a plant to exhibit white lines looking like variegation for a couple leaves, and then stop altogether? I kinda hope the white lines return, and a little more prominently. Anyway, here are the pics, please let me know what you guys think, and if it is indeed variegated.

VeitchiixBoschianaPossVarieg2.jpg

VeitchiixBoschianaPossVarieg.jpg

Here's a Predator that just arrived today. Pretty stoked on this one, as it has 2 growing points and the pitchers are quite large in relation to the leaf size:
PredatorArrival.jpg

Here's a surprise gem. I didn't quite expect this complex hybrid to be so colorful. This picture doesn't really do it justice because it is in fact much more lighter in color, almost with pastel-like hues. Maxima x (Stenophylla x Lowii) x (Rokko x Veitchii):
MaximaxStenoxLowiixRokkoxVeitchiiAr.jpg

Here's the shipment I received today, couldn't be more stoked. There's a lot of nice plants from EP, including Lowii hybrids, Ephipiata hybrids, and Veitchii highland hybrids:
EPShipment2Arrival.jpg

And here is the shipment I received a couple weeks ago. This one included a lot of nice hybrids from EP, as well as some nice Borneo Exotics species. The large plant in the upper left is a Spectabilis (Lowii x Ventricosa). The plant is huge, and as it is settling in my greenhouse, it's leaves have started to turn purple. It is looking really nice. I'll try go get a pic up of it tomorrow.
EPShipment1Arrival.jpg

Sorry for the extra pics, but I just had to share with you guys :). I am really looking forward to seeing a lot of these hybrids grow up. Any comments are much appreciated, and any insight as to the possible variegation would be very helpful. I do not know much about variegated plants, so the more info. the merrier. Thanks!

Daniel

Sheesh man, nice plants. Wish I had the space to add tons of plants like that.

holy god LOL. very nice!!!! i love the predator! i got a cutting of one from Max a couple months ago. its still alive and is starting to activate its nodes finally
Nice group of plants :) i only got 3 in my order, N3 Rajah(actually N4 sized), Truncata x xTrusmadiensis, and jamban.

I would think it is bleached. Maybe something with the fungicide from shipping...

Great looking plants.

xvart.

Wow, it must of cost you a fortune to get a lot of plants. I only order 7 plants and it cost me more $300.

J

Yeah man, that must have been a small fortune!!! For my 3 plants I spent 216$

Wow those are some really nice plants. I love the predator. Could you post some pics of some more lowii hybrids the ones you have seemed to turn out really nice.

That was probably more than $1000. But I bet it'll be worth it! I love the N. x 'Predator'!

Thank you for the comments everyone :). It's too bad the plant is just bleached =( I was really hoping for some variegation, even if just a little. Unfortunately both shipments combined did cost me a small fortune lol. Over 2700$ IIRC. It's totally worth it though, as EP hybrids are just too amazing. I will try to get some pics up of the lowii hybrids today, but they aren't really showing many traits at this young age. A lot of the pitchers are just small and dark for now, though all the Lowii x Campanulatas seem to be very nice looking. The available Lowii hybrids should all turn out quite amazing: Lowii x Campanulata , Lowii x Boschiana and Lowii x Spectabilis. Also, the Veitchii H/L x Eymaes should all turn out quite nice too as well as the Truncata x Ephipiatas. I definitely recommend everyone try to pick up some of these EP hybrids while they are available. Thanks again for the comments, and I will definitely try to get some pics up of the Lowii hybrids later today.

Daniel

Fantastic plants Daniel. You have a truly awsome collection. WOW!! 3000$ order eh? Man! now thats dedication. lol!

Thanks Varun! Lol I'm not sure if it's dedication or excessive splurging. I had a couple things I wanted to buy, but as usual, CP's got the best of me lol.

M Jacobs asked for a couple pics of the Lowii hybrids, so I figured I would finally upload a couple pics since I had some spare time right now. Unfortunately they are all small and fairly non-descript, but all the Lowii x Campanulatas still seem to have some interesting features to them even at a young age. I suspect the lowii x spectabilis' and the Lowii x Boschianas will look real nice given time though. Right now they are just dark and immature, but in time, they should show some nice characteristics.

Lowii x Campanulata:
LowiixCampArPit.jpg

LowiixCampArPit2.jpg

Lowii x Boschiana:
LowiixBoschianaArPit.jpg

LowiixBoschianaArPit2.jpg

Lowii x Spectabilis (this one isn't fully opened, but the other pitchers that came with the plant were already blackened and dying by the time i received them.
LowiixSpectabilisArPit.jpg

And another shot of Maxima x (Stenophylla x Lowii) x (Rokko x Veitchii):
MaximaxStenoxLowiixRokkoxVeitchi-1.jpg

I'll definitely try to update this post in a few months/year when things start taking off :).

-Daniel

That's crazy. Most I've sepent was 175 for a Wistuba order. Nice Predator though.

I'm curious about campanulata x lowii as well. Such different pitcher structure and growth habits.

Those are some really nice hybrids thanks for the pics i can't wait to see the younger ones when they are older.

Lowii hyrbids are always good-looking.

Holly hell. 3k order. That is like 4 of my paychecks ATM DANG!!! nice plants though.

Back