What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pure Neem oil Questions

Indigo

Learning How To Multiply
Hi everyone i need some help, i have a question about neem oil. last week i was checking on my nepenthes i found some white pest or mites i don't kno what they are. they living happily under the dead leave of my N.rajah, i quickly trim off the dead leaves and submerg the pot+media in water for about 2 hours. and today i check again and i still see the pest/mites crawling around. and right on time i ordered a bottle of pure neem oil lastweek and just arrive today. so i want to make sure somethingy be4 using it. does the neem oil have any downside of using it? and can it also help me get rip off those green booger like stuff that growing on the media? ???

edit: my N.rajah have 2 young tendril ready to inflat pitcher its so soft. and it took me about 2 months to get it start growing. its been 5 months now i don't wanna to stopped the it from pitchering TT_TT, i will get the pic when i get home with my 2 megapixel phone if i have to.. can't find the camera charge.

i use those 2.5 gallon pesticide pump bottles with just plain ro water to blast them off the plants. Ive tried some other mite soap and pesticides to do nothing but burn up my plants. ive successfully removed spider mites with no damage to my plants.

~billy

Do they jump when you reveal them? Or try and touch them? They sound like springtails to me. Sprintails are not harmful to CPs, and are impossible to get rid of. They end up being food for pings, dews, utrics, etc.

Do they jump when you reveal them? Or try and touch them? They sound like springtails to me. Sprintails are not harmful to CPs, and are impossible to get rid of. They end up being food for pings, dews, utrics, etc.

ya they jump when i submerg the pot they flow and they move and jump on water. they r white furry and like a very tiny grab kinda looking

Springtails or thrips, most likely springtails ;) you've got nothing to worry about if that's the case. :) they scared me at first too lol.

ohh hehe ok then so all i need is put a ping beside the n.rajah so thats my solution?

sounds like thats the thing to do, hey wana share some of that neem oil? oh and where did ya get it from?

rising back from the dead. im back...again.

springtails inflict no damage to your plants at all. they arent something you need to, or can for that matter, get rid of. putting pings next to it will feed your pings. but thats about all the benefit you get from it. you can get neem oil in a concentrated form at Lowes.

Alex

Last edited:
Back