What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2007 Seed-grown Nepenthes macrophylla . . .

Here are a few recent shots of seed-grown Nepenthes macrophylla, sown back in 2007. Some seeds managed to germinate fairly quickly for a Nepenthes (the first after three weeks or so; some others took close to six months) and are doing quite well; though they have proved to be rather slow-growing, even here where the nighttime temperatures regularly fall into the forties. You'd think that the creepy little plants would be happier in those highland conditions . . .

Nepenthes macrophylla

Nmacrophylla3.jpg
N-macrophylla2.jpg
]
N-macrophylla.jpg

omg. lucky x) i hope this plant will be very rewarding for you. just remember losing a hand to a plant isnot worth winning a bet. ;)

Incredible. My TC one is chugging along.

looking freaking amazing. wow!!

looking freaking amazing. wow!!

Thanks for all of the kind comments. The Nepenthes macrophylla seeds arrived from Australia in 2007 in a Kodachrome 35mm film container (does anyone here recall film?) with cotton batting; and I so hoped they would take (since they all appeared dried out and worthless at the time) . . .

lol! you must have fantastic sources to obtain seed like that. Its always hard to get good quality nepenthes seed...especially of such enigmatic species. They look really good. Do keep us posted on their progress. :) Thanks for sharing.

Fantastic! Great job on a tricky plant. Please keep us posted as it grows!

Capslock

lol! you must have fantastic sources to obtain seed like that. Its always hard to get good quality nepenthes seed...especially of such enigmatic species. They look really good. Do keep us posted on their progress. :) Thanks for sharing.

Thanks . . .

It's great to have an ex-girlfriend overseas who has a greener than green thumb and doesn't have my face mounted on a dartboard -- at least, not any longer . . .

Lol! nice!! Yeah.....thats a huuuge 'plus' for your nep cultivation needs. ;)

They look stunning. So many pitchers. They look pretty big too, for being only 2 and a close relative to Edwardsiana/Villosa.

Back