What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Nepenthes villosa update . . .

Well, my Nepenthes villosa is finally creeping across its 10 cm (4") orchid pot -- definitely a change from its appearance when first I received it (seen below in 2007-08) . . .

Nepenthes villosa 2009
NH-1.jpg

NH2.jpg

When that same poor sucker first arrived in 2007, delivered --no, punted, by lowland gorillas (please, no disrespect to the Great Apes):

Nepenthes villosa 2007 (the one euro coin is about the size of a quarter)_
NV.jpg

N. villosa 2008
Nvillosa08.jpg

I read that it's the slowest growing of all Nepenthes. Is this true? How fast/slow does it grow?

Awesome. How many years of growth is that?

I read that it's the slowest growing of all Nepenthes. Is this true? How fast/slow does it grow?

young villosa grow pretty fast,

very nice plant the color of the pitcher is great =]] when i give mine great light it turn yellow for some reason loll i guess its different form.

Wow! Another fantastic plant mate. I never tire of seeing your excuisite plants. very very nice. I repeat the same question: is it a BE clone? is that the same plant in all those plants? how many years of growth?

Wow! Another fantastic plant mate. I never tire of seeing your excuisite plants. very very nice. I repeat the same question: is it a BE clone? is that the same plant in all those plants? how many years of growth?

Thanks for the kind words . . .

Yes. it is the same plant in all of the photos. It's origin was through a contact in the UK / Borneo Exotics in 2007, and its age is about three years. When it arrived it was smaller than a quarter, in a wad of live sphagnum the size of a golf ball, and crammed into a 35 mm film container -- much like my last flight on United . . .

In answer to another question on this thread, Nepenthes villosa is considered one of the slowest to develop, a reputation shared most commonly with N. rajah and N. macrophylla . . .

Back