What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower?

theyellowdart

sea bear returns!
Is this a flower I see on my fusca 'flared perstiome'? It has grown tremendously since I got it last july. It started out with a 2" or 3" leaf span and now has a leaf that is almost 5", but I would still think it's too young to flower.

w/o flash
SN852060.jpg

with flash
SN852061.jpg

The seperation of the new forming leaf and the "flower" is clearly visible.

And a picture of it's newest pitcher. (A lot of noise in this pic.. accidentally had the iso set pretty high.)
SN852065.jpg

Thanks
Matt

Looks like an activating node to me (Plus, you accidently put this in the non-Nepenthes pitcher plants forum :x).

picard-no-facepalm.jpg

Woops, thats what glancing will get you. Sorry about that. Can a mod please move this?

Thanks Cap. A node would be nice too.

Ahaha, I love that one. No problem.

Not a flower... not a tumor, either. You would see a coiled up scape. If you look carefully, there is one emerging in this pic:

Drosera_capensis.jpg

It really does just look like a new leaf forming to be honest. You can't miss a Nepenthes flower when it starts. I don't believe that they coil out quite like Jim's D. capensis here ;) but you'll see a tiny stalk with a ton of little buds all over it.

But yay a new leaf!

My bad! Why was I thinking capensis? This is more like it:

IMG_0007-1.jpg

IMG_0008-1.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

Thanks guys.
Ah well, I was kinda looking forward to a flower.

I LOVE the picture of the flower with all that snow behind it!

Back