What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How do some seedlings look like

Hi everyone

Just asking if anyone 1 of you have germinated nep seeds which look like a maybe 0.5cm hairy stem coming out and 2 leaves which is not "smooth" in shape? I mean when a nep seedling just germinated they will come out with 2 nice teardrop kind of leaf right? But recently i germinated some not sure ID nep seeds most of them turn black probally 90% there a just a few which didn't turn black...So now i realised there is 2 seedlings there which i don't know if its a nep seedling or a weed...It has a short stem sticking out which normally nep seedlings dont.The leaves are wringkly teardrop shaped and the stem is hairy soo i'm not sure if its a weed...

Ken

From what I've seen baby Neps look just like very miniature Nepenthes rosettes with all green leaves and pitchers. They don't have an obvious "non-Nepenthes" looking stage from what I've seen.

Back