What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Good afternoon all.
One of the things I like most about the forums is seeing everyone’s pictures so this afternoon after watering my plants I decided to take some picture to share with everyone. I realize my plants are not even in the same league as many on the post here, but I hope you enjoy the picture none the less.
The crew hanging out in their shade house
DSC03304.jpg

N. Miranda hanging out with N. alata
DSC03294.jpg

DSC03295.jpg

N. ampullaria (Brunei Red)
DSC03299.jpg

090309arrival.jpg

N. ampullaria (green spotted)
090309arrivalII-1.jpg

N. distillatoria
DSC03292.jpg

DSC03291.jpg

N. rafflesiana
DSC03287.jpg

N. truncata x ventricosa on the left and N. veitchii x tiveyi x truncata on the right
DSC03273.jpg

N. mixta
DSC03274.jpg

N. albomarginata Green form
DSC03266.jpg

DSC03269.jpg

N. ventricosa
DSC03293.jpg

N. kampotiana: I know after reading the forums that this may not be the proper name for this plant, but that is what it was labeled as when I bought it; comments welcome.
DSC03278.jpg

DSC03286.jpg

Unknown Nursery special
DSC03280.jpg

DSC03281.jpg

N. leessii
DSC03284.jpg

Regards,
Keith

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL PLANTS......................Love all of them especially your amp.....BTW i think the alata is a ventrata still so nice...I never get my ventrata to be so reddish..Did you just get it? And do you grow your plants in lowland or highland conditions

Ken

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL PLANTS......................Love all of them especially your amp.....BTW i think the alata is a ventrata still so nice...I never get my ventrata to be so reddish..Did you just get it? And do you grow your plants in lowland or highland conditions

Ken

Ken,

Thanks for the kind words. I think you are right about the "alata", a very knowledgeable grower on another forum also pointed out that it is probably ventrata. I will change the tag. I have been growing this plant for about 8 months. It has really taken off over that past couple of months. My conditions are lowland; pretty consistent day-time 80s, with 70s in the evenings.

Regards,

Keith

:hail: ellisonk001 thank you very very very very very much for sharing, what zone u live in? imma try to get some of my decent size nepenthe out in shaded cloth too

Nice setup!

Awesome plants, get yourself Bicalcarata! Or if mine gets too big, now I know who to give it to.

i have never grown kampotiana, and at the moment forget what its other names are, but i do grow N. margaretea which is a hybrid of that with ventricosa and pitchers look very similar to your pic.

Oooh, very nice. I love your raff. I think your nursery special is N. ventricosa.

nice plants :)
i love the brunei red amp, im just starting to venture into lowlanders now myself.
i believe that nursery nep is either a ventricosa or ventricosa x (ventricosa x alata) which is also known to be floating around in some nurseries....who knows now hah

All,

Thanks for your kind words of encouragement. I have been lurking in the shadows and am glad to be able to contribute a bit. I will have to update my profile with locational data, but I am currently living in Hawaii on the island of Oahu where we have pretty consistent lowland temperatures, except for about 6 weeks in January and February when it can get down to the mid-50s for short periods of time. I know, not much of a winter, but we all have to make sacrifices....

Keith

Awesome plants, get yourself Bicalcarata! Or if mine gets too big, now I know who to give it to.

Dexenthes,

Thanks for the compliment; I really appreciate your kind words. I recently got a N. bicalcarata, but he is still pretty small. He is hiding in the covered tank in the back of the shade house getting used to his new environment. I can't wait until he pitchers.....

Keith

i have never grown kampotiana, and at the moment forget what its other names are, but i do grow N. margaretea which is a hybrid of that with ventricosa and pitchers look very similar to your pic.

CPsam,

Thanks for the feedback on the kampotiana. I know it is a pretty contentious name. I also recently got a N. margaretea, but it small and doesn't currently have any pitchers. I found somewhere on line that its parentage is N. anamensis x N. ventricosa. Maybe N. anamensis is another, more accepted name.....
Regards,

Keith

Dexenthes,

Thanks for the compliment; I really appreciate your kind words. I recently got a N. bicalcarata, but he is still pretty small. He is hiding in the covered tank in the back of the shade house getting used to his new environment. I can't wait until he pitchers.....

Keith

If it starts digging your conditions it should take off like a lightening bolt!

Back