What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rootball

I repotted my truncata and took the time to the some picture of the rootball. It was about 6x6x6 inches. The whole thing weighed about 1 pound. It also has 2 basals. It seems to the be the season, my izumiae also has 2 basals.

CIMG0630.jpg

CIMG0633.jpg

Here it is potted up.

Cool seems very healthy!

I repotted my truncata and I think it died on me.

Wow, big root ball. I think I need to repot my truncata soon, but I don't want to end up killing it.

the key for truncs is making sure you dont hurt ANY of their roots. they are epiphytes and dont expect our rough treatment! :)

I was surprised to see the size of the rootball. Will have to keep that in mind when it comes time to repot mine, didn't realise it would be so large. What size is the plant?

The plant was 12 inches across when I repotted it. Here is a pitcher it made recently.

CIMG0687.jpg

Wow, nice pitcher! Mine has a long while before it gets that large, so I have some time before i need to stress then, excellent!

How large is that pitcher? It's beautiful.

Its actually only 7 inches tall. My plant was set back a lot in the summer because of heat stress.

Back