What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stenophylla

Here's a few pictures of my stenophylla. Anyone have large mature plants? do they speed up as they age? Mine has been pretty slow so far.

CIMG0682.jpg

CIMG0683.jpg

That little hairy bugger you have there.

My friend has a 6 inch diameter plant that grows about as slow as a parakeet learns to talk: SLOWLY

I was JUST thinking about getting this nep. Yours looks nice.

My friend has a 6 inch diameter plant that grows about as slow as a parakeet learns to talk: SLOWLY

I guess I won't be seeing any mature lower pitchers anytime soon if it keeps up at this rate then.

Mine looks similar to yours, maybe a bit smaller. We have the exact same pot, so we probably got it from the same nursery. Mine grows as slow as glass flows (it is an amorphous solid after all.)

We have the exact same pot, so we probably got it from the same nursery

Did you repot yours? Personally I don't like their mix; its too dense for me.

I have not repotted it. I have seen people complain about their mix before. I haven't had any issues with it so far, but when I do repot, I change to a different mix. I don't like how it decomposes eventually, but it lasts for a good while.

Def a slower grower, and slow to adapt to what's going on.

Once it gets settled in though, don't think twice about touching it, or else you're gonna be sticky in a heart beat.

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Nepenthes stenophylla</td></tr></tbody></table>

<table style="width: auto;"><tbody><tr><td></td></tr><tr><td style="font-family: arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; text-align: right;">From Nepenthes stenophylla</td></tr></tbody></table>

Back