What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another "obscene" Nepenthes . . .

Here is a quick shot of my highland Nepenthes truncata, which has been growing happily on my south-facing windowsill and controlling its share of pests -- a plant which my sister-in-law condemned a while back as being "truly obscene-looking," giving me the stink eye in the process, as if I had anything to do with its design. A Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor, no worse for wear after a division, is also doing its share of pest control in the background . . .

Nepenthes truncata (Pasian Highland)
and Heliamphora heterodoxa x minor
TRUNCATA.jpg

how long have you had that h x m? i plan on getting one and i`m curious to know how long till it gets to that size

how long have you had that h x m? i plan on getting one and i`m curious to know how long till it gets to that size

I have had that particular plant for quite a while (the largest pitcher is about 30 cm tall) but a couple of its smaller divisions are now quite large after about two to three years. Heliamphora are notoriously slow-growing but the horticultural hybrids like H. heterodoxa x minor grow fairly "quickly" -- more so at least than the species themselves . . .

I've never heard the pitchers described as obscene. Hmm. What could possibly be obscene about them? Some people..

Love the pic. Great heli in the background.

I've never heard the pitchers described as obscene. Hmm. What could possibly be obscene about them? Some people..

Love the pic. Great heli in the background.

If you'd seen a developing truncata pitcher you would not be asking.

nice i like the pic, the plant looks really happy :) and nice heli, i was thinking about getting this one but still not sure although that pitcher just makes me want one lol

Quite a few pictures of inflating Truncatas have been removed from photo hosting sites, just because of what it looks like.

Doh - It didn't even occur to me about the 'developing' pitcher. That I can see! Certainly they look rather, erm happy! :banana2:

Hey, can't be any worse than: Clitoria ternatea...

Ask your sister in law what she thinks of this children's slide...
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bOXnxmlEkY0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bOXnxmlEkY0&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Beautiful truncata, btw.

Thanks. I sent it to her. So much for the dinner invitation. It was going to be brat night too . . .

Very nice looking N.truncata nice and colorful and happy looking. =)

Eww...

LMAO!!! Wonder if they do school and church playgrounds as well!

Back