What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana

Who else is growing one?
Got mine not too long ago and it took off without a hitch.
CPs5-16-09019.jpg

Here is the current opened pitcher on it
CPs5-16-09028.jpg

Another one inflating
CPs5-16-09026.jpg

Man, that looks like its going to turn out great. Well worth all the money you spent on it.

What a promising hybrid! I don't know of many others growng this...

Another couple of promising hybrids i have are splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x veitchii], Rokko clone A x hamata, maxima x trusmadiensis, and maxima-dark x talangensis, predator, and ventricosa x angasanensis

we all know what predator looks like, and even what burbidgeae x edwardsiana looks like...
a few people have seen Max's ventricosa x angasanensis, and srduggins maxima x xTM, but since all of these EP hybrids are seedgrown who knows....
my predator and ventricosa x angasanensis came from max,
also cant wait to see how my briggsiana cutting comes along

Rokko clone A x hamata
the previous grower had it in lowland conditions, hince the rather poor look of the plant. But its good enough, should really like it here i hope.
CPs5-16-09031.jpg

copelandii cutting isnt what im showing, the one behind it, is a ventricosa x angasanensis EP cutting from Max, absolutely gorgeous pitchers on this plant. Can't wait for it to pitcher
CPs5-16-09030.jpg

truncata x xTrusmadiensis seedgrown from EP, ive seen some adult plants of this cross, absolutely amazing...EP has a photo of an absolutely amazing one on the site homepage
CPs5-16-09029.jpg

maxima-dark x talangensis seedgrown from EP, one of the two i have
CPs5-16-09032.jpg

maxima x xTrusmadiensiss seedgrown from EP, one of the two i have
CPs5-16-09033.jpg

And one of the pots of N. xSplendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x veitchii] seedlings i have from Barracuda 45 who got them from Tropics.
CPs5-16-09034.jpg

and an xBriggsiana cutting from Max, that i won in the NASC auction.
CPs5-16-09034.jpg

Another set of promising hybrids i hope to be starting from seed shortly, once i receive the seed are the following, one is created from the pollen i sent
viking x spectabilis 'north sumatra' (pollen donor was my plant)
viking x (viking x rafflesiana)
and viking x ampullaria

Very nice. You know, this makes me think...how much have you spent on neps alone? LOL. Wish you luck with those plants. :D

The last picture is the same as the splendiana seedlings.

wow with all of the plants what does your grow space look like it must be a jungle. All of you plants look nice hope the do well for you.

well my growrack has been turned into a vining/larger plant section only...i set my old terrarium up to house my smaller plants until the greenhouse is finished....

Nice N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana.
Did you get it direct from MT? And was that roughly the size it arrived?
I have several on their way at the moment. I got three in 2004 from MT which were very small and rather sickly. Two died and the third that survived turned into a normal (but very nice) N. burbidgeae. I hope for better luck this time!!

cheers

bill

Nice looking plants. Burb x edward has been on my want list ever since I killed my first one a couple years ago. I think I found a connection for it. It is a lovely hybrid as are the other ones your mentioned. Looking forward to seeing some more variety as your plants mature.

First pitcher for me just opened a couple of days ago. Waiting for the peristome to color up now...
sorry for the poor quality shot of the pitcher...ill get a better one later today when there is more sun out. still in the early morning right now lol, the plant is actually potted in a peat pot that i set in the plastic pot because the peat pot seemed to want to fall apart. lol....oh well it was an experiment, i didnt want to disturb the roots again.
burbxeddy001.jpg

burbxeddy003.jpg

Once again, very jealous. A hybrid of two of my favorite Nepenthes.

Back