What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Lady Pauline' was the perfect name for a male cultivar!

I've said that before. I'm serious, though. It is a male.

Holy smokes!! THose are some fantastic pictures of just impeccable specimens. WOW!!!! I love your red sanguinea. I hated that species....but your individual plant is just amazing. Its just perfect. WOW!!! great job with growing them. How do you grow all these neps? greenhouse? terrarium?

Howwver,,, on second thought....that one doesn't look like a sanguinea for me. Are you sure its a sanguinea?? It looks more like a red ramispina to me. THe pitcher shape doesn't at all match a sanguinea.

Oh~ excellent pitcher and nice shot!
really love that Lady Pauline!
Thanks for your sharing. Thanks~

Howwver,,, on second thought....that one doesn't look like a sanguinea for me. Are you sure its a sanguinea?? It looks more like a red ramispina to me. THe pitcher shape doesn't at all match a sanguinea.

Hadn't occurred to me tbh. But I have not seen the sanguinea vigor in this plant that this species should have. I got it from a reputable vendor though. But its shape is very similar to my ramispina. Hmm...

Regarding the Sphagnum - it looks like you're doing a good job with it. Do you ever use orchid bark in your Nep mixes? I've had some success getting solid colonies of Sphagnum by introducing shallow layers of orchid bark (and sometimes ceramic chips) on top of live Sphagnum that's sparse or newly transplanted. If your light is already bright enough to make the Sphagnum happy, it'll spring right back up through whatever you throw on top of it, but comes back thicker and more resistant to drying.
~Joe

Great work, nightsky! Beautiful, well-grown plants.

WOW!
Great collection of plants....awesome pics!

Awesome Nightsky! You really know how to take some great pics :). Great looking healthy plants too!!

Back