What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spring has sprung around here, and it's time to take some pics!

First, the outdoor dwellers. The Darlingtonia have arrived and I really should trim last year's pitchers:
Darlingtonia1.jpg

N. ventricosa x aristolochioides proves again to be impervious to cold by spending a third straight year outdoors on my deck, never coming inside even for the coldest winter days. In fact, it threw up three flower spikes!
Nventxaristo1.jpg

The yard bog has sprung too:
Yardbog20091.jpg

Drosophylum Lusitanicum, flowering a second year in a row. This also lives on the deck all year round:
Drosophylumlusitanicum.jpg

Back to the grow room! Here's a shelf full of happy neps:
AssortedNeps1.jpg

A hybrid I made: N. (thorellii x aristo) x truncata:
Nthorelliixaristoxtruncata1.jpg

N. Sp 1 with a newly opened pitcher:
NSp11-2.jpg

N. ampularia 'Giant Red' with a dusky colored albomarginata living on top:
Nampandalbo1.jpg

(cont...)

One of my N. boschiana x ?? plants has become a monster. This plant is less than two years from sowing the seed:
NboschianaxXMonsterClone2.jpg

NboschianaxXMonsterClone1.jpg

Here's a more typically sized version of that cross:
NboschianaxX1.jpg

N. campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis):
Ncampyxspecxtal1.jpg

N. lingulata:
Nlingulata1-1.jpg

N. lowii - when I got this plant from Peter D'Amato, it could fit under a nickel:
NlowiiCC1.jpg

Longor sent out a bunch of N. ovata seed a while back - here's the one I kept:
Novatafromseed1.jpg

Another cool little seedling. This is N. sanguinea, a speckled form. I love growing from seed and not knowing what it will turn out like!:
Nsanguineaspecseed1.jpg

Upper pitcher of N. Sp. Langkawi:
NspLangkawiupper1.jpg

(cont...)

N. thorellii x aristolochioides, male clone:
NthorelliixaristoM1.jpg

N. truncata x (vent x aristo):
Ntruncataxventxaristo1.jpg

I haven't posted Predator pics in forever since it was just vining away for a while, but now the basals have grown up a bit:
NxPredator1-1.jpg

NxPredator2.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Max

I especially like your own hybrid thorellii x aristo x truncata, the campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis), and the sanguinea seedling!

I've got a bunch of sang seedlings myself, but they're not very big yet.

Max, as always your plants make my jaw drop. Your one of my nep idols. Amazing plants, how are your little eddys?

You're making us all look like slack-jawed punks.

I salute you . . .

N. ampularia 'Giant Red' with a dusky colored albomarginata living on top

nice to see im not the only one that does this :D

Amazing Max!
I really love the predator. Such a cool plant!

Thanks for putting these up, I always really enjoy seeing your shots.

How big is the predator plant ? if thats just the basal... then omg o.o

As always, a fine group of plants, Max. I especially like the N. campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis), and that N. boschiana x ? has sure taken off -- amazing!

Amazing, the sp. 1 is a great underrated species. I'd love to get one. Those pitchers look great.

As always your plants are amazing. Great growing!

Your plants are looking great Max! The N. campanulata x (spectabilis x talangensis) is going to be a winner!

Hot Damn!!! Those are some spectacular plants Max. WOW!!!

Beautiful and extremely well taken care of plants Max. Thanks for sharing. Lowii gets me everytime!

You've got some fantastic plants, and great hybrids. Thanks for posting the pics - I can never get enough.

Back