What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Couple new arrivals

I'm graduating College in 3 weeks with 2 bachelors so I figured I'd treat myself to a couple Neps and celebrate early :)

Nepenthes rafflesiana Brunei Giant-Dark Clone

IMG_1999.JPG

IMG_1998.JPG

Nepenthes chaniana x veitchii

IMG_2002.JPG

IMG_2000.JPG

IMG_2001.JPG_595.jpg

IMG_2003.JPG

IMG_2004.JPG

N. chaniana x vietchii is an awesome plant - one of my favorites. A very slow grower, though. Four years and mine is still too short for taking cuttings. I recommend not babying it with high humidity - just be generous with the light and space and get ready to wait a while. I was told it preferred lowland conditions but mine is much more productive on my highland shelves.
Congratulations on your degree. I hope to have my bachelor's of arts and sciences by the end of next year.
~Joe

nice looking neps :)

congrats on graduating.

I'm set to graduate next summer with my Bachelor of Fine Arts in Photographic Media

what were your majors?

Thanks for the congratulations guys!

seedjar: Good luck with your last yr of college! I'll take the word of advice and keep it at room humidity. It's already pretty large, I cant wait to see what it'll do in the future! I'll have to give it lowland conditions though at the moment.

cmm: Good luck to you as well on your last year of college. I will be graduating with a double major in Pre-dentistry and biology with a minor in french. :-))

They are great looking plants. The chaniana x veitchii is really hairy. o_O

Yann,

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation and your new plants!!!!!

Thanks for the compliment cap :) It's so hairy I could probably use it as a toothbrush haha

Keith: These are no where near the size or beauty of your plants! You should give us an update on how they're doing now that winter has passed. I'm curious!

Very nice! Your chaniana x veitchii is larger than mine! It's a great cross.

Awesome new additions Frenchy! :) Congrats on a double major!!

Congrats! I probably would have celebrated a little harder though. :p That is one hairy nepenthes.

Thanks for the kind words Nep and Dex :)

I would have splurged more but that would required that I upgrade to a grow rack that wouldnt fit in my tiny grow space. I'll save the real splurging for when I graduate Dental school...:-D

Congraduations!

Chaniana x veitchii is a really underrated plant. I bought mine when it was still called pilosa x veitchii. I think I cut it or the initial growth point died and then these 3 or 4 basals sprouted and formed a dense, slow-growing bush. But I do like the way it looks. I didn't get a good picture of the bush, but you can see part of it behind this pitcher:
P1100284.jpg

Wow what a nice pitcher! Is that an intermediate? Glad I got this hybrid, have heard only good things about it other then slow growth.

hey dude :D very sexy plants hehe there very nice man and congrats for your college also :) nice job dude

P.s i will accept the msn add soon my hard drive went so i had to get a new one and reinstall windows then so soon i will update windows and download msn and then add ya ;) take care man

Richard

Back