What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Random pics

N. truncata x (thorelii x aristolocioides) & Stanhopea nigroviolacea "Predator"

d24a23ec.jpg

Better shot of the N. truncata x (thorelii x aristo)

2-16.jpg

N. diatas

3-4.jpg

a very hungry N. "macrophylla"

1-41.jpg

nice plants, i love the color on that diatas....
yeah its pretty clear to me that these macrophylla you see commonly are actually hybrids with xTM.....
that peristome just isnt right :| lol
gorgeous plant anyway

Jesus H!

That "macrophylla" is incredible! I love how the peristome folds up like that. The teeth on that diatas are impressive too. Kudos!

Jason

Incredible Neps as always. :D

A real macro or not, I actually like that kind better. :x

beautiful!

Pure enough for me! Very impressive!

Oooh, looking good KPG!!!

Spectacular plants KPG. That liquid inside a macro really looks RED due to the optical illusion from the outer orange color. Or...is the inside i.e., digestive area of the trap orange in color?

It think it is pure macrophylla. Depending on location MANY species. plant or not, looks different and shouldn't be considered un-pure for natural variation.

Thanks to all for the kind remarks!

Spectacular plants KPG. That liquid inside a macro really looks RED due to the optical illusion from the outer orange color. Or...is the inside i.e., digestive area of the trap orange in color?
Vraev,

The digestive (glandular) area is red, the conductive area above is white with a slight purple tinge.

Love the macro. One of my top five favorite neps without a doubt. And yours looks fantastic.

I also love that exotic flower. Is it an orchid?

I dont think I've ever seen a macro like that before! Very impressive plants! Thanks for sharing :)

Vraev,

The digestive (glandular) area is red, the conductive area above is white with a slight purple tinge.

Thanks for clarifying that. I always wondered about it whenever I saw pics of N. macrophylla in-situ. It is truly one of my favourite species as well. Hopefully, some day I can have a plant as big as yours. :-D

Very impressive plants and beautiful photos; thanks for sharing!

Amazing nepenthsis :-O

That looks amazing

That macrophylla is amazing!! Can you take more pictures of it and post them?

Wow KPG! Ludwig told me you grew some great plants, and here they are! I especially like that Stanhopea, whatever it is!

is this the same mac as in your recent post?

Back