What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I wonder why sam always grabs his pitchers with those white gloves, its creepy...

Sam has a skin condition on his hands that requires him to wear protection when he's working with his plants.

[lowii x campanulata] x jacquelineae

rajah x northiana :)

carunculata var. robusta x rafflesiana

oohh or

izumiae x rafflesiana

I'm sure someone out there is already working on at least a few of the hybrids that everyone's posted, I used to dream about lowii x campanulata and now it actually exists..

Hmm. I wonder how truncata x argentii or aristo would turn out.

ephippiata x lingulata
bokorensis x aristolochioides
klossii x anything
jacquelineae x truncata

*Facepalm* Forgot about the CP photofinder. Ok...How about... (inermis x jaqc) x (spectabilis x ventricosa)?

Ok...How about... (inermis x jaqc) x (spectabilis x ventricosa)?

Why? I want to hear reasoning! I demand satisfaction!

Jason

(lowii x platychila) x edwarsiana. :3

I think to keep the teeth of hamata the should cross ( hamata x lowii ) x hamta will be interesting.

how about
rafflesiana x northiana, do you need a reason for this cross. Should be spectacular.
cincta x hamata , hopefully cincta looking with a toothy peristome
cincta x edwardsiana, hopefully cincta looking with a toothy peristome

I would also like to see some weird ones just to see how they'ed turn out
veitchii x campanulata
rajah x bellii (aka N. xMini-Me)

Last edited:
Here's another try:
N. northiana x veitchii "Bario":
A highland form of N veitchii has a nice striped peristome and red pitchers. Well, so does N. northiana, but think of a big N. northiana with a flared peristome. Maybe a new show-stopper (?), or maybe they're just too similar.
517929702_2865500eb6.jpg
x
517656100_65719ae36e.jpg

------------------------------------------------------
N. bokorensis x eymae:
Seems like an interesting idea, plus, Jason can't say that this one's been done before.
200px-Nepenthes_bokorensis_upper.jpg
x
150px-Nepenthes_eymae_upper.jpg

I don't think that they used the same type of N. veitchii. I was thinking of N. veitchii "Bario".

(Originally posted in Terraforums Chatbox)

northiana x veitchii has been made several times, all using different clones. We have noticed there is more variation among the siblings of any one of the three greges than there is among the three greges. Using the Bario form of veitchii could bring some interesting variations, but seriously doubt if you would get large numbers of red pitchered seedlings even if var. 'Bario' is used. It would still be worth doing however, because all crossings of northiana x veitchii have resulted in some spectacular clones.
What should be done is to breed the different greges of north x veitchii to each other. This is where a wider range of variation may show up.
As for bokorensis: it has probably been used in more hybrids than you know under the name of N. thorelii.

I'd like to see glabrata x (inermis x dubia), although it does not have to be in that order. The perfect highland/ultrahighland terrarium plant. ~_~

Hi,
I'm thinking about a species with large peristome and large picher like [( Veitchii bareo x truncata ) x northiana ] x veitchii !

macrophylla x rajah : I'd expect a big, tubby, somewhat toothy pitcher.

macrophylla x hamata: I wonder how this one would look. Both are toothy, one is large, one not so much. Should be interesting.

rajah x jacquelineae: both have great flaring peristomes, so I'd love to see this cross.

lowii x jacquelineae: The uppers should be spectacular!

Jacquelineae x platychila or vice versa. They both have amazing upper pitchers. :)

viking x sumatrana:

giant RED vikingesque beauties with long tendrils!

viking x maxima;

colorful and hardy.

Hmm. Let's see, what about...and mind you if some of these have been made, I can't check right now...on my phone rofl.
But let's see....
Spectabilis x jacquelineae, the flared peristome and tubby pitchers and the elongated pitcher of spectabilis with its beautiful coloration!!! Or
Eymae x burbidgeae, the coloration man, come on!!! And the wine glass/goblet like uppers....
Tentaculata x lowii
I'm a little bored of the hamata ideas, come on...lol but use the mt kinabalu tentaculata with the trusmadi lowii....hghdj the pitchers, both lower and upper would be stunning. Hair bottom and lower lids, with hopefully the internal coloration of lowii, a bit like muluensis x lowii.
Jamban x xTM
Would be smaller, and quite vigorous to boot I imagine. The uppers would be stunning, all of the pitchers would be, I'd imagine...
Tenuis x aristolochioides
Come on, what's not to love about this!? lol
Aristolochioides x xTM
Think of the possibility, would be stunning....many more to think of but my gf is yelling at me to turn my phone off and go to bed! Lol!!!

Back