What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes robcantleyi (formerly known as Black Truncata)

Wooo! Congrats on the save Butch, let's hope that is a 2nd node! What's the webbing on the meristem? It's not from spider mites is it? :X

omg hush Yann, may the fleas of a thousand camels rest under your armpits!! ;)

hehehehehe, possible but I dont think so

< Av kills a sacrificial chicken and spreads its blood around a image of a spider mite drawn in white rhino dung,
I feel much better now :) >

LOL

looking fantastic mate. In a few months...it will be good as new. :)

So - where'd you find yours?? I ran out a while back & have been looking for some....:scratch:

Now Ron, what a cheesey attempt at free publicity :nono:

You know I get all my Rhino dung at "Rhino Ron's International House of Dung" in NJ, USA, only the freshest always available and guaranteed to always be dung beetle free

looking fantastic mate. In a few months...it will be good as new. :)

Thank you V :)

:banana2:

update on mine

queenxking1.jpg

queenxking2.jpg

Peace,
Zero

Yep, that's another node. What'd you feed that thing?

I can't wait until it warms up.... Mine are still sitting in a greenhouse waiting for the weather to warm up so they can be shipped to me. I hope they are doing OK.

I know, I know.... I'm just excited at the abrupt turnaround after 5 months of absolutely nothing :)

Today:
truncata_2node0210.jpg

Av

Looks like theres another basal gonna shoot off again, what luck :D

Nice Zero! They all look like they're coloring up nicely as the pitchers grow. And good save Av!

So they Queen of hearts and King of spades is considered Black truncata babies? If so I am glad I got one before they blew up. I see now that they are very popular. I am glad to see that mine is doing great. Great plants everyone they are lookin good.

I have a snipe set up for one of these, so hopefully it will soon be a part of my collection too. :drool:

Here's mine:
P3050004.jpg

it's a 2.5" pot I think.

And here's a thumbnail to click to see a big pic of a just opened pitcher that has yet to color up, but shows you the middle ridge of fuzz it's got near the mouth between the usual two ribs of fuzz (the one in the upper left corner of the above photo):

..... but shows you the middle ridge of fuzz it's got ....
Thanks for pointing this out as I probably would not have noticed - but my latest pitcher also has those mini-tendril protrusions coming from a little lump in the middle. Now that I'm looking closely, one of my earlier pitchers has a few sparse 'hairs' poking out of the area also... interesting.

Hmmm - I don't see that feature on either parent.

What kind of conditions are you guys growing them in?

In this thread there are people growing LL to HL and everything in between.

In this topic there are people growing LL to HL and everything in between.

So the seedlings really will grow in any conditions......awesome. :boogie:

Mine's in a west window with...4ish hours direct sunshine, 70ish during the day and 5-10 degrees cooler in the night, and 70% humidity according to my cheap humidity meter.

I think that middle ridge of fuzz is probably a baby-nep feature that will go away when it's older, but that doesn't mean it isn't cute. That up close pitcher is about an inch tall.

Here's mine:
P3050004.jpg

it's a 2.5" pot I think.

And here's a thumbnail to click to see a big pic of a just opened pitcher that has yet to color up, but shows you the middle ridge of fuzz it's got near the mouth between the usual two ribs of fuzz (the one in the upper left corner of the above photo):

That's an interesting pitcher feature, Thez yo. I had a closer look for that on my plants and it either doesn't exist or isn't as well of a developed feature as it is on your plant.

But it may not just be an adolescent transitory trait. Sometimes these anomalies continue on with the mature pitchers. Check out this thread with the pitcher belly button:

http://lhnn.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=mp&action=display&thread=3494&page=1

Back