What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I really need help to save my plants.

• Thread starter TranMinh
  • Start date
Hi guy,
I have order some plants from MT ( they are healthy love them but I have to leave them ) .I really need help from other country grower. The Plan Protect Department have taking the plants back and sending to MT, because they need information about the disease of nepenthes:crazy: so the plants will sending back to MT. I really need help from other grower. In Viet Nam grower have try to fix this trouble but those people don't know anything about this plants. Can you help me this ?
I will sending the information they need to all. I really really need help.
Best regards,
Tran Minh.

Who is MT?

if MT is outside of Viet Nam, you are probably out of luck..
many (most? all?) countrys have strict limitations on importing live plants..
here in the USA we simply dont even bother to buy plants from outside the USA..the rules and regulations are just too difficult to even bother with for the average hobbiest..

unfortunately you will probably have to limit yourself to nurseries inside Viet Nam..
(or trades from other CP hobbiests inside Viet Nam)

Scot

MT is Malesiana Tropical ! which are whole sale of nepenthes.

Well..
they are in Malaysia.
you are in Viet Nam..

from their webpage:

How to order

Make sure you can comply with the import requirements of your country. See Permits.

Permits
Requirements vary depending upon the country of import. It is best to check with your local Agriculture Department for the exact permits necessary. Most countries require the use of an Import Permit. It is the importer’s responsibility to have all the necessary import permits. Note that in some countries, an original import permit (not a photocopy) needs to be presented at customs. It is the importer’s responsibility to check this and any other local requirement with the customs office beforehand to avoid any delays, for which we cannot be held responsible. All other paperwork including CITES, Export Permits, and Phytosanitary Certificates will be supplied free of charge by Malesiana Tropicals.

if you dont have the proper permits, then sorry..not much you can do..
I doubt anyone on this forum can help you..

Is there perhaps a CP club in Ho Chi Minh City?
or maybe an Orchid club or something like that?
those would be the people you should talk to..

Scot

Hi hi,
I have do Import permit before the order come but nepenthes are new in Viet Nam so they don't know what kind of diseaser and pests attack plants and how to remove it ! only a little people grow CP in Viet Nam. We still try to tell the plant department that Nepenthes are free pests and diseaser.

maybe you could show them a website about neps, or even this thread(though i wouldnt reccommend it). you could tell them there are no pests or diseases.

If malesiana tropicals has made sure that the plants they exported are free of parasites, and has the certification that they don't ship any other bugs with it, they should be able to get your plants. Since you have the necessary permits (I hope you have all of them) you should show the permits, try to get it solved.

I think what hes trying to ask is what pests and diseases to the import handlers need to look for, and how do they treat for them...
a list of pests found on neps, that i can think of off hand, are the following
spider mite
thrip
scale
mealy bug
white fly
diseases, are generally various forms of fungus like rust, mold, or any other number of things, ive never had a fungal issue.......
Alot of this stuff is found in potting media, which is why importers send bareroot and washed off thoroughly because of the risk of plant born pathogens of any kind, or a pest that is not endemic to the country.

Mainly the pests above can be treated with orthene, neem, merit, or a few other systemic sprays or neem oil based products.
Depends on what you have, generally plants from MT, BE, or EP are cleaned quite well before exporting them to keep this from happening.

Back