What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sketches and Guesses

• Thread starter Clue
  • Start date
I want an N. mollis! ah HAH! :p

How about some of the classics, N. veitchii, maxima, fusca, bicalcarata, ampullaria, rajah, etc... Your drawings are stunning Clue, BTW. How much ya chargin now a days? ;) Id gladly shell out some dinero for a nice veitchii, rajah, or something else. :)

So Dvg, I see you like the toilet Nepenthes. Do you like humor?

*Ahem*

May I present to you the first released sketches of a great new Sumatran species, Nepenthes toilettii. My crew and I stopped upon a single representative of the new species. A bizarre specimen indeed, a large bowl-shaped pitcher with very viscous pitcher fluid. The spur is quite interesting as well, unbranched, but swelled slightly, coincidentally appearing superficially similar to a handle on -well, you know.

Altitude: Around 1000 m., Intermediate.
Habitat: Cloud forest.
Are We Joking: You betcha.

funny%231.jpg

Nepenthes toilettii.

I want an N. mollis! ah HAH! :p

How about some of the classics, N. veitchii, maxima, fusca, bicalcarata, ampullaria, rajah, etc... Your drawings are stunning Clue, BTW. How much ya chargin now a days? ;) Id gladly shell out some dinero for a nice veitchii, rajah, or something else. :)

I can do N. mollis. Except if you're expecting pitchers...

... I don't get paid for sketching (but I wish!).

Nice job Clue. And I definitely don't have any qualms about a little toiletti humor. Although I hope the cloud forest around this lavish beast wasn't a toxic haze.

Any word on pitcher contents, or did the previous pitcher's occupant have the decency to reach up, pull the handle and flush the evidence of his doo-doings away. Maybe best to flush twice, since it's a fair distance to the food processing plant. I see you at least left the lid up.

Nice job Clue. And I definitely don't have any qualms about a little toiletti humor. Although I hope the cloud forest around this lavish beast wasn't a toxic haze.

Any word on pitcher contents, or did the previous pitcher's occupant have the decency to reach up, pull the handle and flush the evidence of his doo-doings away. Maybe best to flush twice, since it's a fair distance to the food processing plant. I see you at least left the lid up.

We found quite a lot of half-digested brown gunk (tree shrews have no manners!), but we just assumed that it was insects.

Toxic haze? How'd you know?

You have the same last name as me, we could be related . Nice pictures though.

We found quite a lot of half-digested brown gunk (tree shrews have no manners!), but we just assumed that it was insects.

Toxic haze? How'd you know?

I suppose I have a head for it.

If your first name of choice, N. toiletii doesn't quite pan out, don't hesitate to use the second name of...N. looii...;)

Not trying to hijack this thread or anything...

I had fun making this, and went a bit crazy with the gray scale. :D And sorry about the horrible quality. :p

I bet no one will EVER get this. But go ahead and try. :)
DSC03307.jpg

Hmm, Cap, is it just me or is that a new species??! I know the name, it's on the tip of my tongue.......Nope! Nevermind, no idea what it is. However, it sure would make a hard-to-reach toilet :-))

Capensis, that's the kinda toilet I like, get in and shut the hatch! :D

Clue, are you drawing these with a pencil or with a pen tablet in Photoshop? If using PS I'd like to see them fully finished/colored like a proper botanical drawing. Using the layers palate for coloring you won't have to worry about screwing up and loosing your original sketches.

No, it's real pencils. :p.

Cap, it's definitely a new species! :-O

Back