What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dooby dooby dooby N. sibuyanensis x trusmadiensis

Managed to accumulate a bunch of photos of one of my favorite crosses so thought I would just er.. post em all in one spot. It's really neat to see how a batch of seed grown plants turns out. I will see if I can get some photos of a few more. One plant is making a more upper looking pitcher. So enjoy! cuz not all of them will remain on my server forever.

In no particular order..

A couple photos of some of the plants when they were younger:
NsibXtrusmad.jpg

Nsibxtrusmad2.jpg

And now a variety from some teenage plants:
NsibXtm4.jpg

NsibXtm5.jpg

Nsibxtm3.jpg

NsibXtm6.jpg

Nsibxtrusmad3.jpg

Oh my god, these are amazing! I think they might just take the cake as my favorite hybrid.

The sib shape with the trusmadiensis teeth is fantastic.

That light colored one looks like an edwarsiana almost. nice plants

Stunning, the teeth are very well pronounced, better than some trusmandiensis plants i've seen!

I love the last one. The striped peristome, the orangish-red pitchers and the wings look like they are green too. Wow!

OK I took some more photos! I also shipped a bunch of these around the country a few years ago so if you have one feel free to post yours! I was going to take a photo of N. sibuyanensis to show that it does have some fairly noticeable peristome ridges and teeth inside the pitcher .. but I forgot ;x

Lets see.. This is the same plant as the 6th photo above (the dark purplish one)
Recently opened pitcher
NsibXtm7.jpg

This is the same plant as the 5th photo above. Older pitcher but thought this was neat because of the small basal pitchers along side.
NsibXtm8.jpg

A different plant. The peristome gets darker with age but I like when it has these pastel colors.
NsibXtm9.jpg

A dark purple one, a little more tubular than most.
NsibXtm10.jpg

Another of my favorites. It really is a bit more red in the pitcher than the photo shows, and one of the best peristomes out of the batch.
NsibXtm11.jpg

More of an upper pitcher shape. Probably the darker plant pictured in the first photo but I am not positive.
NsibXtm12.jpg

I declare that this hybrid is made of win. :)

Looking good Tony. It looks like you kept a few for yourself. Here are a few of mine.
Green uppers on this one, but nice teeth:
P1100300.jpg

P1090734.jpg

speckled:
P1100298.jpg

and my favorite, the tubby dark red (it gets darker):
P1110377.jpg

Looking good Steve! I do like that green upper. Very nice ridges and teeth on the peristome!

Back