What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So, how low can the humidity be for sturdy neps? My conditions are like 20% humidity most of the time.

My humidity also hovers around 20% maybe a bit more. Light is more important than humidity when it comes to most hardy neps.

Same here - since I started keeping neps, I haven't added supplemental humidity to them at all and grow them very hard. The only thing that ever changed was light levels, and the more light you give them, the more they'll pitcher for you (unless you're burning them already :p).

Here was my window experiment:

IMG_0007-1.jpg

brrrrr.... that looks cold Jim!!!

Here's a small update to ring in the spring season and increased light. My neps have already noticed the longer days, hopefully I'll get some really nice pitchers this summer!

N. sanguinea
DSC00180.jpg

N. spectabilis x aristolochioides
DSC00109.jpg

A few pics for fun:

U. blanchetii, I hope it like its new 'pot'
DSC00354.jpg

DSC00353.jpg

DSC00355.jpg

N. x ventrata
DSC00357.jpg

New N. 'Lady Pauline' pitcher
DSC00337.jpg

woweee!! That ventrata is huugee!! The lady pauline is amazing too, I really want!

The ventrata is unbelievable! I've brought home a monster.... The Lady Pauline looks amazing, such a deep red peristome. The utric looks good!

My Nepenthes didn't look half this good on my windowsill! :drool:

Nice windowsill growing! Here in Malaysia, it's really really hard to grow neps on windowsills. The sunlight is just intense for the entire day.......

N ventrata is really a super fast grower. Did you try miranda and dyeriana?

Back