What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show us your seed grown truncata!

Hey, everyone that posted pics, do you mind taking another with some sort of size reference? Like a dime or ruler, or even a 1cm square of paper?

man every single one of those is HAIRY already, cant wait to see in 2 yrs from now what some mature pitchers look like. I hope everyone keeps updating regularly! Thank you all for sharing.

Mine came today! :banana2: It didn't come with any pitchers though. :-( Also I feel slight concern on the top leaf. I am not sure how truncata's go about growth but, can you tell me if its either healthy or unhealthy?

184.jpg

182-1.jpg

185-1.jpg

Hi,

An update - after having grown the seedling for a month. The latest leaf did not reach the size of the previous one. The plant is now just short of 2 inches in leaf diameter. For size reference the pot is 4 inches across. I have fed the first pitcher that developed in my care, so hopefully the seedling will keep on increasing in size.

truncataBlack3.jpg
truncataBlack4.jpg

Regards,

Christer

Here is a seed-grown Nepenthes truncata a few years out. When I first received it, it was just under the size of a half-dollar; and now it is common for it to produce "obscene" pitchers larger than 30 cm (12").

Good growing to everyone. All of the plants look great!

Nepenthes truncata (Pasian Highland)
truncata2.jpg

Just curious if anyone is growing these in highland conditions? (I saw a couple of you growing them as LL and they look great, but I was wondering if anyone has tried cooler night temps)

Back