What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

some more highland nep pics

I posted a few shots of these plants a few months back so here is just a little progress report.

diataspitcher.jpg

N diatas pitcher

diatasvine.jpg

the whole N diatas vine. Ugly now, but just you wait!

specwhole2.jpg

N spectablilis pitchering like crazy

specbaby.jpg

baby spectabilis

specxvent1.jpg

N spectabilis x ventricosa

truncata1.jpg

not a very exciting N truncata for most, but this is the first significantly larger, more colorful pitcher. That is always an exciting one for the owner.

Looking good basso! I remember you having some issues with getting the N. diatas to pitcher. It looks like it's happy now :).

Crystal

Nice pics - I rather like the N. diatas, myself. Trim the dead stuff off and I think it would be quite charming. I'm a fan of the scrambling vine look, especially when basals start springing up too.
Just wait a little longer with your truncata - I think once they start to show that upside-down heart shape in the peristome, that's when they're about hit the first big growth spurt. Both of my truncata have about doubled or tripled in size within two or three leaves after reaching that point. (They're getting to the size where I'm going to have to find a new shelf for them, before they squish their neighbors.)
~Joe

Back