What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Boy how time flies; summer is almost over already…
As I was trying to catch up on my plants this weekend I kept a camera handy and took several pictures to share. I always enjoy seeing other members’ plants and hope you will enjoy taking a look at some of mine. Comments are always welcome.

Right side of the shadehouse:
ShadehouseIV19Sep09.jpg

Left side of the shade house:
ShadehouseIII19Sep09.jpg

Just hanging around:
ShadehouseII19Sep09.jpg

Shadehouse19Sep09.jpg

Some Little Guys:
ShadehouseV19Sep09.jpg

N. albomarginata Green form
albo_II_19Sep09.jpg

N. albomarginata “Red Speckled”
albo_RS_19Sep09.jpg

N. maxima x talangensis
maximaxtalangensis19Sep09.jpg

N. x Ali’i (N. kampotiana x N. maxima) x N. sanguinea
Alii19Sep09.jpg

Alii_II_19Sep09.jpg

N. ‘Cathy Jo’ (N. x leessii x N. splendiana)
CathyJoIII19Sep09.jpg

CathyJo19Sep09.jpg

N. Maggie Jones (N. Kampotiana x N. Ventricosa)
MaggieJone19Sep09.jpg

MaggieJoneII19Sep09.jpg

Nepenthes SP 1
SP1_19Sep09.jpg

N. ampullaria (Brunei red)
amp_BR_19Sep09.jpg

N. ampullaria (Cantley’s Red)
amp_CR_19Sep09.jpg

N. ampullaria (spotted)
amp_GS_19Sep09.jpg

N. ampullaria (Harlequin)
amp_har_19Sep09.jpg

N. clipeata x eymae
clipeataxeymae19Sep09.jpg

N. x dyeriana (N. x mixta and N. x dicksoniana)
dyeriana19Sep09.jpg

dyeriana_II_19Sep09.jpg

N. x edinensis [rafflesiana*((rafflesiana*hirsuta)*(rafflesiana*ampullaria))]
edinensisII19Sep09.jpg

N. x gentle (N. fusca x N. mixima)
gentle19Sep09.jpg

N. x leessii (N. mirabilis "Thai Gold" and N. X Mixta Superba)
leessii19Sep09.jpg

N. maxima x boschiana
maximaxboschianaII19Sep09.jpg

N. maxima x truncata
maximaxtruncata19Sep09.jpg

N. maxima dark
maxima_dark_19Sep09.jpg

N. mirabilis x tiger seedlings about a year old
mirabilisxtiger19Sep09.jpg

N x mixta (northiana x maxima)
mixta19Sep09.jpg

N. x outramiana (N. ampullaria x N. rafflesiana) x (N. gracilis x N. khasiana)
outramianaII19Sep09.jpg

N. rafflesiana, little guy; but growing fast…
rafflesiana19Sep09.jpg

N. x rokko (N. thorelii x N. Maxima)
rokko19Sep09.jpg

N. spathulata x truncata
spathulataxtruncata.jpg

N. spathulata x veitchii (Male)
spathulataxveitchiiII19Sep09.jpg

spathulataxveitchii19Sep09.jpg

N. thorelii x truncata (possibly N. smilesii * N. truncata)
thoreliixtruncata_II_19Sep09.jpg

N. thorelii x truncata (possibly N. kampotiana * N. truncata)
thoreliixtruncata19Sep09-1.jpg

thoreliixtruncataII19Sep09.jpg

Purchased as N. ventricosa “black lip”; however doesn’t appear to be…. Any ideas??
ventricosaBLIII19Sep09.jpg

ventricosaBL19Sep09.jpg

N. ventricosa x maxima
ventricosaxmaximaII19SEP09.jpg

N. x weigneri (hirsuta x rafflesiana) x (maxima x thorelii)
weigneri19Sep09.jpg

N. x wittei (maxima x stenophylla)
wittei19Sep09.jpg

N. x wrigleyana mirabilis x (rafflesiana x ampullaria)
wrigleyana19Sep09.jpg

Marvelous Keith!
Your collection never ceases to amaze me. I hope the Dragons are doing just as well.
I'm also glad to see your mirabilis x tiger are looking better then mine! I'd be embarrassed to show mine :blush:

The trunc hybrids all look great, keep up the good growing! Thanks for sharing, I always look forward to these :)

Thanks for the kind words Yann. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Nice Plants!

I believe you have the labels on N. SP #1 and your N. ventricosa 'Black Lip' mixed up. Because the one you are calling N. ventricosa 'Black Lip' currently is definetly N. SP #1 and I would assume the one you are calling N. SP #1 is N. ventricosa 'Black Lip but it doesnt look like a pure N. ventricosa to me.

Hope this helps!

Nice Plants!

I believe you have the labels on N. SP #1 and your N. ventricosa 'Black Lip' mixed up. Because the one you are calling N. ventricosa 'Black Lip' currently is definetly N. SP #1 and I would assume the one you are calling N. SP #1 is N. ventricosa 'Black Lip but it doesnt look like a pure N. ventricosa to me.

Hope this helps!

I received the same comment on another forum and since both plants came in the same shippment I think it is a good call. I will have to be more careful when unpacking / potting / labeling in the future. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Keith

Wow, you have a lot of plants! Where do you get your neps from?

Where do you live and what is your set up like? How do you keep it cool in the summer and how do you heat it during the winter? I'm curious because last year I didn't lose any plants, but they weren't exactly thriving during the winter either. I was able to keep it just above freezing. This year I am working on a bigger greenhouse, which means I will need a better heat source than the little heater I was using before. Are you treating your highlands and lowlands different? Do you mind explaining the difference in your care of these plants, or are they all just thriving together in the same environment?

Wow, you have a lot of plants! Where do you get your neps from?

Where do you live and what is your set up like? How do you keep it cool in the summer and how do you heat it during the winter? I'm curious because last year I didn't lose any plants, but they weren't exactly thriving during the winter either. I was able to keep it just above freezing. This year I am working on a bigger greenhouse, which means I will need a better heat source than the little heater I was using before. Are you treating your highlands and lowlands different? Do you mind explaining the difference in your care of these plants, or are they all just thriving together in the same environment?

Back2eight,

Although I got a couple of my plants locally, I got most of them from orders on-line and bidding on eBay. I live in Hawaii in the central portion of the island of Oahu so I have near ideal lowland conditions year around; from March to November it is usually mid-80s day and mid-70 at night, then December to February is a lot wetter with low to mid-70s day and sometime low 50s at night. All of my plants are in a 9'x14' shadehouse that is build attached to the side of my house; my bedroom window has a great view - nothing but neps... Most of my plants are lowland, but the few intermediates and highlanders that I have are doing well in my lowland conditions. I hope you enjoyed the pictures; I will try to post updates every couple months...

Regards,

Keith

WOW! Very nice! I really like the N. rafflesiana, such great color. And I like a lot of other ones like N. maxima x truncata and N. x spathulata x truncata. :)

Hey Kieth,
Just for the record, Max Poswillo and I are different people! :p

Max (the other one)

This is why I wish I could grow various types of lowlanders. :drool: Maybe I'm not content staring at N. hamata and hopefully N. inermis and N. macrophylla. :p

Hey Kieth,
Just for the record, Max Poswillo and I are different people! :p

Max (the other one)

Max, thanks for setting the record straight and commenting on the other forum.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments!

Keith

---------- Post added 09-24-2009 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 09-23-2009 at 11:59 PM ----------

This is why I wish I could grow various types of lowlanders. :drool: Maybe I'm not content staring at N. hamata and hopefully N. inermis and N. macrophylla. :p

How true, we all want what we can't have. I look at all the beautiful pictures of highlanders and drool......

I got most of them from orders on-line and bidding on eBay.
Oh, I think you have bought some of mine. Now that you said you live in Hawaii, I think I remember you. On ebay I'm loveishere.

Back