What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help ID my new nepenthes

I have recently acquired a new nepenthes from a local nursery and there were no tags or indicators on it as to its species. I have taken some pictures and would love it if anyone has any ideas about what it might be. I would also like to find out as soon as possible because it has several large flower stalks that are full of pollen and I might be able to make someone very happy with some SASE pollen if we can figure out what it is.

Thanks in advance!

Here is the pitcher
039.jpg

041.jpg

Here is the whole thing: It's the monster in the foreground
042-1.jpg

This is a picture of one of the flower stalks, and you can sort of see the underside of the leaf
045.jpg

This is probably the best picture, it's of the pitcher, but you can see where the pitcher attaches to the leaf.
059.jpg

Thanks!

A Miranda cross I'm sure. How much did that beast cost?

Only $15! When I asked the guy he told me $15 and I thought he said $50, and I asked him again and he said $15 and I paid and booked out of there before he realized that he'd made a mistake! :) It's huge!

That is almost certainly N. x Miranda

xMiranda is your plant there ;) nice find there!

I need to search for one...

Nice um..... deal! yep, definitely a miranda. What a monster! The pitcher it has now is very small for a plant that size, probably because its flowering. Under good conditions a plant that size could easily put out rat-killers!

Nice um..... deal! yep, definitely a miranda. What a monster! The pitcher it has now is very small for a plant that size, probably because its flowering. Under good conditions a plant that size could easily put out rat-killers!

Thats probably why i was thinking that those pitchers were too small :)

Back