What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I thought i would join in and post a few photos of my neps in their new winter home.
First off is an N. spectabilis x aristolochioides, such a great hybrid, vigorous and gorgeous to boot!
DSC02796.jpg

A freshly opened N. tentaculata gunung Murud pitcher
DSC02801.jpg

My N. glabrata finally recovered and has many growth points (not all visible in this photo)
DSC02799.jpg

I recently repotted my seedgrown N. macrophylla and it slowed down but has finally put out a new, healthy leaf..hopefully will get a pitcher from it!
DSC02803.jpg

N. truncata x xTrusmadiensis, this was from the batch of plants released in the beginning of this year, so far i seem to have the only one with a striped peristome...i want to see some others of this cross from this batch, so please post them!
DSC02807.jpg

N. ventricosa x angasanensis EP, i received this plant as a cutting from max at the end of last year i believe along with a predator cutting, and damn this thing is vigorous! once it rooted and activated its nodes, it just took right off!
DSC02810.jpg

N. veitchii Batu Lawi highland, hard to believe just a few months ago it was barely an inch or so in diameter...it is in a 4" pot
DSC02809.jpg

N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana, finally seems to be inflating a pitcher (off to the left sitting in a pot) and is growing steadily, however rather slowly.
DSC02806.jpg

A small group of my first group of seedgrown plants, germinated back in August of 08, these are N. splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x veitchii] which i received from Barracuda 45 who in turn received them from Tropics
DSC02802.jpg

I received this ephippiata last year some time, and it didnt do too well at first...now its just taking off and growing happily, along with 2 more growth points...and sharing its home with a little baby spider.
DSC02804.jpg

N. jamban pitcher which colored up a bit more than i thought it would
DSC02797.jpg

N. spathulata x thorelii, i received this plant from Daniel (Nepenthes)
CPs10-11-09007.jpg

And a humble N. sanguinea 'orange' from Andy, this was my first nep i ever got...and i doubt i will ever part with it for that reason...it started this damn addiction to neps.
CPs10-11-09008.jpg

You've got a solid collection of healthy Neps there. :) Thanks for sharing the photos.

Good luck with the new pitcher on your macrophylla. It certainly looks like it's on the push.

Envy! Those are amazing!

very nice plants! Their colours are amazing! They all look ver very nice, thanks for sharing.

Very nice, love em all. Hey any tips on how you sustained such healthy live sphagnum?? I got my hands on some and it died/burned right up. I didnt have the time to mist frequently enough or maybe my light is just to bright but it just seemed to dry up so quickly.... Any suggestions? Loving the improv on the setup though!

Can't wait til my glabrata looks like that - what was wrong with it that you say it had to recover?

thez, it had a rather bad run about with some spider mites earlier this year, as did most of my neps...but they have all recovered now finally.

Greg, as far as the sphagnum, it only grew that well when it was outside, ive yet to see if it will continue to hold up in the new space now. humidity seems to be key, along with light and air circulation

Beautiful creepy plants there -- and that N. macrophylla is looking good. What is its size by now?

David, its only about 3" right now...I set it back a bit by repotting it a few months ago into a more airy mix. Thanks again for the comments :)

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Here are a couple of more photos for you guys...
N. muluensis x lowii
DSC02850.jpg

little N. copelandii Mt Apo pitcher from a cutting.
DSC02851.jpg

A better photo of the N. jamban pitcher and little N. villosa growing in the pot its resting on.
DSC02846.jpg

and an N. lowii that was one of my first neps which is getting some size. once it opens the pitchers its inflating, ill update on here with em.
DSC02822.jpg

Beautiful plants; thanks for sharing your photos and growing tips!

Hiya SirKristoff-

You mentioned that you repotted your N. mac in new airy mix. May I ask exactly what is this new mix and ratio?

Also, what is its growing conditions?

Thanks,
E

Ent - I repotted it into a pretty simple mix compared to alot of my other neps...it is in orchid bark/peat/perlite/lfs in 2-1-1-2 ratios
conditions are around 60-70ºF days and 45-50ºF nights...humidity is around 50-70 in the day, and 80 - 90 at night

Great, thanks for the info SirKristoff.

Not to hijack your post, but I know your downsizing, but did you pick up anything at the show this weekend?

Good Growing,
E

i was not able to make it there do to the lack of money....i did not want to be tempted to spend money i dont have....

Back