What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

carnivoure12

Hear the Call of Nepenthes
Hey everyone, my nepenthes from wistuba and BE have finally arrived! and I am very excited to get them ready, they next obstacle succesful acclimatization! I aspire to grow these very successfully, as am very proud of these new plants, here they are in my bathroom sink after their potting, and watering in the sink.

N. Jamban (BE)
DSC02093.jpg

N. Jacquelineae (BE)
DSC02095.jpg

N. Hamata clone 1 (Wistuba)
DSC02096.jpg

N. Inermis
DSC02098.jpg

N. Truncata 'Queen of Hearts x King of Spades'
DSC02099.jpg

N. Flava
DSC02100.jpg

Enjoy, I really hope and will do my absolute best to keep these dreams alive :)

awsome plants! most of those plants are actually my fav neps! Very nice, I hope they grow well fro you.

Waa, very healthy plants and rate. The hamata from Wistuba is grow in very high humidify so it can get kill by humidify shock so I think you should bag it then remove the bag carefully.

Thanks devon.

Minh- already done ;)

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Oh can a mod please move this topic to neps sorry :p

You go Carn! :-O

Congrats their Carni!

I'm looking forward to future pics of your N. Truncata 'Queen of Hearts x King of Spades'

Good Growing,
E

Great selection. Each one is such a great nep.

Some very fine new additions you have managed to successfully acquire there Carn. Nice work and happy growing!

Very nice. :) Lucky you with your CP-friendly water.

very nice carn :) i received 2 of my queen of hearts x king of spades the other day. ill have to show you some pics of the other neps too, my N. flava is about 5" in diameter right now and appears to be inflating a pitcher, and my 2 jamban are about equal in size. it looks like youve got a rather similar clone to my dark one.
I hope that jacquelineae colors up well for you too, apparently the one ive got has deep red pitcher body and a near black peristome....ive also got a larger hamata clone 1, though im not sure if its one of the ones that is recovering from being nearly dead at the previous owner...so ill have to look around at my tags and find it, and once it pitchers, ill send some photos your way of that one too.
Inermis too man, nice, its such a great species...the node cutting i got from a friend got the black tip of death but is now tossing out a new leaf from the top node, onward it shall grow lol. Keep us updated man!
is that 2 hamata for you now?

Hey SK thanks for the compliments! The Jamban is darker than I thought, looks very promising. I'm really looking forward for Inermis to mature.

This is my second hamata, however, my previous one died because of root rot, I'm much more vigilant now :) I'll keep ya'll updated!

Very nice! That is an expensive selection of plants.

I am interested to see how you get them acclimated after shipping as I am going through the same thing. I'm starting a thread about it to see if anyone can offer any advice.

Updated December 6th 2009

N. Inermis - Fastest grower on its 3rd pitcher in my care, very vigorous
DSC02101.jpg

DSC02117.jpg

DSC02116.jpg

Black Truncata
DSC02106.jpg

DSC02107.jpg

Jacq and Jamban
DSC02112.jpg

N. Jacquelinaea has started making leaves hopefully it'll pitcher soon.
DSC02113.jpg

N. Jamban - coming along nicely.
DSC02114.jpg

N. Hamata - slowest of the pack so far
DSC02115.jpg

N. Flava - was the runt of the group, looking better! on its second pitcher in my care
DSC02118.jpg

DSC02119.jpg

Everything
DSC02120.jpg

For fun, My very first ventrata pitcher since I got it about 6 months ago
DSC02123.jpg

nice plants Carn! Looks like most of your plants are growing well!

Looking great! :) What's in the plastic covering?

Cap, N. Inermis. N. Flava is supposed to have one too. I put some ziplocks over them to acclimate them since wistuba plants are quite fragile when they first arrive. I'm sure they'll be ready to graduate from Ziplock Care by the end of the year.

Those are some very special and nice looking plants you've got growing there Carn. It looks like they are adjusting nicely and starting to make some good headway for you now. Keep us posted with their progress.

Very exciting! I'd love to order some plants from either of those companies I just can't justify spending that much money yet, it would be nice to go in on an order with someone... but there isn't another nep enthusiast like myself for probably a few hundred miles. :\ Love the jacq, can't wait to see when they all grow up!

that is one serious hookup you got there....super jealous. but truth be told, even if i did have the plants, i'd have no place to grow them. i hope they flourish and make beautiful pitchers for you.

yeah man!! You truly have got some of the best species there. man!!! I need to make a wistuba order next time.

Back