What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Diatas Inquiry

carnivoure12

Hear the Call of Nepenthes
Hey everyone, unexpectedly aquired an N. Diatas with the neps in the Neps from Abroad Topic. I've heard it can be picky about its conditions and such. I've heard its ultrahigland.

If you have it, or have any tips adive, or general knowlledge on this nice Nep let me know, it would be greatly appreciated!

there is a lot of stuff floating around about diatas, i dont personally grow this plant though i would like to, but i do grow singalana and densiflora...
This plant, according to nepenthesaroundthehouse is quite durable and hardy, and does great outdoors....a friend of mine locally who grows this plant said it grew for him but never pitchered until recently. So i think its probably all in the clone you receive, densiflora in my experiance is really picky, singalana, kinda picky...id assume that diatas is somewhere in between or right up there. give it a shot.

Hey SK,

Thanks for the Info, I always like to get advice/help from the forum members regardless the info I find :p Hopefully It'll do well for me.

well it is a true highlander C12, so try your best to provide the humidity and temp requirements, im sure it can be acclimated out of the high humidity with the bag method or any other method that involves getting the plant used to a lower RH.
read up on here for more info
http://www.nepenthesaroundthehouse.com/ndiatas.htm

Back