What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trying out a video thread

Sorry for the bad zoom ahead of time. Just trying out a video of the collection and grow space.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7p5nJlFZgRE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7p5nJlFZgRE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow, Yann. Nice setup, but aren't you concerned that heating the entire room to 86 degrees and 81% humidity might lead to a huge heating bill and black mold?

By the way... Really nice collection! :)

Non-CP growers will say "What he heck is Terrafourms? What's a Bical? Who's Glider14?" ;)

I never get tired of the grow spaces. I like the colors on those Neps.

Brokken: For the heat, I close the AC vent and set the heater to 75. The 86 is reached naturally with the lights and lack of cooling. As for the humidity I've kept a close watch on it. Anything constantly above 80-85 does indeed give for black mold. I do daily checks for any sort of mold but with the air circulation and close watch I havent had any mold show up on the walls in the 3 months that I've had this setup.

Clue: It's TF lingo ;)

Nice video. Love the emergency blanket reflector, I use emergency blankets to reflect light too!

They don't matter anyway! :-O

Non-CP growers will say "What he heck is Terrafourms? What's a Bical? Who's Glider14?" ;)

I never get tired of the grow spaces. I like the colors on those Neps.

Great vid their Yann :boogie:

I always wonderd how some of the species names of these neps were correctly pronounced, but now I know :-O

Thanks and good growing,
E

Love the change of pace with the video and very nice collection you have there.

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

looks like a unique rack to me. where'd you find that?

Woops didnt notice I was limited to 10 minutes, not much afterward though, just a Byblis liniflora.

Entwadumela: I'm not even sure if I'm pronouncing them right, there's a proper pronunciation dictionary out there but I've heard the same name pronounced differently by many people!

Greg: I picked up the rack while cleaning out my parents garage this summer. They had 2 so I took one as my lights on my old metal frame always gave me a nasty shock! Strong enough to blow the plug at my old place :S
I think Lowe's or Wal-mart carries or carried it. It's the only place we really went to get items like that.

Nice. Looks standard, just each of the platforms is cool looking. Nice and roomy, I'm thinking I need to upgrade to a 4' wide rack setup soon...

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 PM ----------

nice plants BTW ;-) you have some pretty oddball ones I havent seen people around here have

Very cool video man pictures are cool but what could be better then a video!
why do you keep your N. bical in a separate tank? humidity needs?
Also how long have you been growing most of those Nepenthes?

Hey yann, glad the plants from me are doing well for you.
The maxima dark x talangensis is from EP not BE lol, i thought i wrote EP seedgrown on the tag....Same with the maxima x xTrusmadiensis from me.
Great plants man, glad they went to good homes.

Nice collection. :) It was cool to see a video like that - thanks.

What kind of video camera did you use?

Yann,

Great video; beautiful plants! Thanks for sharing.

me of course! haha

wow Yann. those three plants have shot off for you! i love the video tour idea. i might have to jank that from you someday. haha. great plants!

Alex

Greg: Thank you for the compliments. Other then a few that I've purchased online, my collection is from the generosity of many people here. Big thanks to all of them!

Deathjester: I have some older threads on here that are picture threads, they are much nicer for visual purposes for I find the video thread better to get the size of the plants across as well as growing setup.
The bical is indeed in the tank for RH reasons for now; once it outgrows the tank (probably in a few months to a year at this rate) I'll be using the whole rack it sits on as a miny chamber. As for how long I"ve had these it really depends. My oldest 2 I have had for about 2 years and the most recent ones I have had for about 2 months at most.

SK: Thanks for the correction man, I knew I'd miss or mess something up :p

Veronis: Glad to hear you enjoyed the video. I use a Canon powershot SD1000. Has some very nice macro features on the camera but as you can see the video, even shot on macro, really isnt great.

Keith: Thank you :) The mirabilis x tiger really picked back up! Looks a lot like the mirabilis 'Hot Lips' I have. The amp also has started putting out some nicer pitchers after about 9-10 months.

Alex:They sure have man, the albo is really putting on some growth. The trunc x sang is a bit slower but it's chugging along and boy do the pitchers show some promise! Cant wait for the splend x trunc to get that size! Big thanks to you and to everyone that has a hand in my collection :)

I'M ON YOUTUBE .......:-O :banana2:

Yann ,
The N. Kohala has gotten huge since i sent it .

The N. Menehune looks like it is growing well also.

Your N. Khasiana still seems small ,but your pitchers are nice sized , have you thought about putting it in a bigger pot ? With that kind of lighting it wont be long an that thing will go on a growth spurt that you can't stop ....lol.

An as for the Survival Blanket ...... I got that idea from a friend of mine on another forum ...lol.

Nice job Yann.
Keep up the good work

Daren

I'M ON YOUTUBE .......:-O :banana2:

Yann ,
The N. Kohala has gotten huge since i sent it .

The N. Menehune looks like it is growing well also.

Your N. Khasiana still seems small ,but your pitchers are nice sized , have you thought about putting it in a bigger pot ? With that kind of lighting it wont be long an that thing will go on a growth spurt that you can't stop ....lol.

An as for the Survival Blanket ...... I got that idea from a friend of mine on another forum ...lol.

Nice job Yann.
Keep up the good work

Daren

I'm hoping the kohala shows more veitchii traits with the next coming pitchers.

As for the khasiana repotting, I've thought about it but am still debating on a medium and whether I want to keep the basal on there or not. No question it will very soon need a bigger pot but for now it's doing fine so I think I will hold off until early spring unless I see signs of decline sooner.

GOTTA LOVE THE SURVIVAL BLANKETS!!:boogie:

Yann,
here is why i asked this pic was taken in June this year . (it is in a six inch pot )

Picture038-6.jpg

This was this morning..... The Leaf is almost as long as my Arm (now it is in a Eight inch pot an needs to be repotted)

2009_10280004-1.jpg

Back