What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pitcher of the Month TF edition November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
It grow so slow but rate so very good looking pitcher event in small size.

Geeze, when I left for about a week, Jeremiah had posted an N. hamata upper pitcher...

... I leave for another week and now there's an N. edwardsiana! :0o:

... I leave for another week and now there's an N. edwardsiana!

Yeah, some really strong competition this month.
Hey, is there going to be a year end contest where we take the winners from each month and pick the best?

Hey, is there going to be a year end contest where we take the winners from each month and pick the best?

I Like this Idea

Daren

i would like to do that, i just dont want to make Sam think im taking his ideas completely from Pitcherplants in the tropics.....

i would like to do that, i just dont want to make Sam think im taking his ideas completely from Pitcherplants in the tropics.....

if am am mistaken Please tell me . But wasnt it SrDuggings who Started this There ?

I know he was part of it, and he probably did but sam runs it now...

I couldn't see anyone getting angry about that. If anything, he'd probably be happy to see his idea/contest spread to other communities.

I'm not on those forums, but I'm sure Sam is a nice guy. Why don't you just pm him and ask if he would mind?

I actually have talked to Sam on the Phone a Ton of times and he is actually a very fun guy to talk to. Me and him have Traded some plants a couple of times.

My Eymae x Veitchii H/L, Spectabilis x Veitchii, N. Hamakua, and a couple of other plants are from him in trades.

Actually, I've heard he's kind of a jerk... :x

Really? How so?
I honestly know nothing about him.

Anywho, even if you don't get approval, it's not like he owns the contest.

Crappy pic, but meh, whatever...maybe I'll take a better one later.

N. spectabilis x talangensis

IMG_6465.jpg

Andrew, I said it once, and ill say it again....
that is probably, without a doubt, one of the most beautiful hybrids ive ever seen...

Holy crap. That's even better than N. spect x aristo! Spectacular!

Really? How so?

I don't know really know, it's just what I've heard from other members who are part of his forums. I'm not, but people say that he criticizes a lot in the contests. And I've seen them myself, too. In terms of the contests anyway, not as an actual person.

I visited him 2 summers ago. He's a very nice guy, and by far the best U.S. nep grower I've ever heard of.

its a little early, but i wont be able to end it when i wanted....i got a poll set up to make this a little more fair to people. sooooo, let the voting begin.
Contest Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back