What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. bical-cula

Hi all,
My first post, hope you guys like it, I have posted this in other forums, but well just enjoy.

Something not often seen and guys I am not setting this up, it went in naturally.

Look, I found a new function of the bical fangs, to grab the victim by neck:
DSC02428.jpg

see right on vital spot 'neck' of the victim:
DSC02429.jpg

and how the fangs sank in and sucked out of the poor mirabilis
DSC02437.jpg

poor mirabilis victim:
DSC02434.jpg

DSC02439.jpg

Is this how the fangs supposed to work for bical? ;D

Now, update after the victims lid open up, 'die hard' red mirabilis

DSC02453.jpg

DSC02456.jpg

more showing the ferocious fangs go thru the victims
DSC02473.jpg

and this one showing one of the fang sunk in:
DSC02478.jpg

Hence, I called this one N. bical-cula

Ed

LOL, great pic. My plants have done this sort of thing before but somehow it has much more effect with bicalcurata. Shame you didn't find it in time for Halloween! :D
~Joe

Hiya Ed-

:boogie:Welcome to "Terraforums":boogie:

If you listen closely, you can hear the sound of air escaping the mira . . . "PFFFFFFFFFFT"

Good Growing to you Ed :banana2:

E

LOL :D

Post it on ebay, with some made up "tale of the vampire plant" you could probly get even more than normal for a big Nep. People love a good story to go with their item. I saw a "haunted" rubber duckie for the bathtub sell for $10k lol!

LOL. Is that a Mirabilis Var. Echnostoma in the Bical?

LOL :D

Post it on ebay, with some made up "tale of the vampire plant" you could probly get even more than normal for a big Nep. People love a good story to go with their item. I saw a "haunted" rubber duckie for the bathtub sell for $10k lol!

Remember the bra, and the teapot? :devil:

That's the funniest picture I've seen on a Nep. Dry the pitchers in-situ; stuff them (carefully!) with cotton, then wrap the lids with sheets of cotton and tape them in place. They will dry within a day or two, just as they are. It's CP taxidermy!

aww there in love :)

seriously man!!! you have to preserve those pitchers. lol!! awsome!!

A great sequence of events would be for the mirabilis pitcher to get progressively dryer as if the life were being sucked out of it. :)

LOL. I actually bursted out laughing. That's amazing.

Well, when did the bicals become savage and no one tell me?

That's pretty amazing, anyways. :)

I always liked Bicals :p Sweetest CP pic I have seen in ages!

Thanks for the nice compliments, glad can share the laughter here. I will try to preserve this when they dried up.

Ed

Well, considering the month were in, I thought I give this year old post a BUMP . . .

. . . BWAHAHAHA

Happy Hallows Eve my fellow CP growers :boogie:
E

Back