What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting Eddy Conversation on Chatbox

Hiya Fellow Nep'ers-

For those of you that are curious, check out the Chatbox archives between 11ish and 12 last night (11/18). I checked it, it starts at the 23:05 mark.

N. edwardsiana lovers will find it . . . quite entertaining :-))

E

Hiya Fellow Nep'ers-

For those of you that are curious, check out the Chatbox archives between 11ish and 12 last night (11/18). I checked it, it starts at the 23:05 mark.

N. edwardsiana lovers will find it . . . quite entertaining :-))

E

I saw that too . . .

I'll believe it when I see it. I have had several empty leads in the last couple of years from reputable people, from whom I have obtained some rare Nepenthes seed; that someone, out of the blue, has access to that seed, would be a feat.

There is also an ongoing conversation on the CPUK site over bogus N. edwardsiana seed being sold by an online auction house that rhymes with "schmee-hay" by -- as it turns out -- some bored teenage kid in London.

I have germinated a ****load of Nepenthes seeds over the years and would love to see that particular species distributed . . .

To be fair, maybe the plant(s) are mislabeled.

I know the common approach is to call everything Nepenthes Alata or ventrata, but perhaps this particular source went the other direction with his misnomer?

I have zero knowledge on / about any referenced seed sellers (wanted to get that out of the way up front).

Selling deliberately mislabeled seed from an impoverished country would seem to be a tremendous opportunity:

- true identity of seed will not be revealed for years (if it germinates at all)
- much higher profit than if labeled accurately / many eager buyers willing to take the risk
- easy to swap online identities once scam is revealed

Either A- He's trolling.
or B - The plants are mislabeled like mentioned above. They're probably N. singalana or something, methinks.

No pictures=
spam_1.jpg

(edit) =rules of the interwebs

then_i_lold.png

(Actually describes my reaction to this whole thing very well.)

Well, I found that discussion to be... interesting...

I'm not calling anyone a liar, but that was some hard to believe information... mostly because edwardsiana is pretty fussy in its needs, AFAIK.

i just so happened to be in it too. haha.

its... whatever i guess. i think i small hole turned into a very big one in this situation. nothing came out of that hole. at all.

Alex

Back