What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone grow maxima Tinombala?

Hi, I've been a lurker here for a long time but I've finally decided to join.

I recently got a seed grown N. maxima Tinombala that just opened it's first pitcher a few days ago. It currently doesn't look like very much, but I was wondering if anyone else has it. Do any of you guys have pictures of more mature plants? I currently have it on a windowsill with nighttime temps in the mid fifties. Does this one like highland conditions? I know maximas are pretty tolerant to whatever you throw at them, but I want make sure I'm treating it right.

Thanks

I've only recently started hearing of these. I'm not the most in-the-loop about Neps coming into cultivation, but it may be that this was only recently released from propagation. You can find pics of many plants here, but it can take some searching;
http://cpphotofinder.com/
Welcome to the forums!
~Joe

Where did you get the plant? Since you know the type location, does it lean more to high or lowland elevation? Maximas are very diverse covering a wide range of conditions.

The plant originally came from BE, and on their site it says that it is a highland nepenthes. I haven't been able to find anythig on the location other than it beingin Sulawesi, so I'm not sure how high it grows. I grow my highlanders outside, and some neps have a hard time with temps in the 40's which i why I want to know if it leans toward highland or intermediate more. I guess since maximas in general are pretty hardy, I'll wait and see if it shows any signs of stress outside.

Back