What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Decent pair...

1-44.jpg

My mind was just blown. I wasn't expecting something like this. LOL.

Edit: Also, this is much more than "decent."

:drool: Awesome plants. I was expecting a cross you just made with 2 different plants.

HOLY FO SHIZZLE ARE THOSE URS!?!?!! They're huge!!! Amd beautiful and amazing!! WOWOWOW!! AWSOME! so are they a mac and a jacq? BEAUTIFUL plants you are a fantastic grower if they are yours!

yep thats a mac and jaq.
very nice plants KPG :clap:

Very nicely grown and showcased pitchers.

Thanks for sharing those beauties!

Excuse me one moment while i find a towel to clean up my drool...

Holy ............ My jaw just dropped the mac is unbelievable. Been thinking about getting one This almost makes it a sure thing. But the truncata blacks. So difficult just want them all. why did you have to post these pics now i want to buy a few more plants. I've been looking all over for a mac with teeth like that. I wish i knew where to find one. Sad face. could you post pics of the whole plant. Is that plant a tc plant or a seed grown.

Incredible! Never knew Jacquelinae got that dark, how much light do you give it?! And the Macrophylla just looks....like plastic!! It's really awesome.

Very misleading title, by the way ;) a little too modest :D

I bet that when someone thinks of a carnivorous plant, they imagine it would look something like the ones in the picture. Very nice !

actually 99% of the time they think of VFT's and have no clue plants like that exist.....

actually 99% of the time they think of VFT's and have no clue plants like that exist.....
lol So true!

I still will never forget this guy at work asking me: "So can you get high on those pitcher plants? No?! Why would you grow them then?"

lol So true!

I still will never forget this guy at work asking me: "So can you get high on those pitcher plants? No?! Why would you grow them then?"

You should have told him that their nectar makes you higher then the moon. ;)

HOLY ... omg I hope my plants look like that one day!!
Got more pics of the whole jac plant?

actually what has surprised me over on the hunting forum im often on is the fact a whole lot of southern hunters are familiar with Sarr's........guess given they do stand out pretty well in the habitat that they should recognize them huh? a few have heard of "monkey cups" that supposedly live in some far off jungle but you start showing them pics of things like showy hybrids or species like macro's and rajah and jac's and their jaws will hit the floor....

You should have told him that their nectar makes you higher then the moon.

Actually I told him they do get me "high" in a way, but I don't have to ingest 'em. Just looking at them is all I have to do and I can totally loose myself studying all their weird shapes and colors. Set me loose in the local orchid shop with mounted orchids and Neps climbing to the rafters and I'm really "gone"! lol

Those are two great looking plants BTW! My macro never grew any roots in all the years I had it. :(

Thanks for all the kind comments. Both plants are from BE. The N. macrophylla is seed grown. The N. jacquelinae (1850m) is from an early offering, but I don't recall if it was from seed.

oh wow my macro is also a BE seedgrown plant, i hope it turns out as incredible as yours o.o
mine is currently only 3" in diameter.
how big is your plant now KPG?

Awesome pitchers, thanks for posting. Do you have an idea of their age?

absolutely spectacular KPG!! wow!! Man!! Thats just an incredible macrophylla.

Back