What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. ventricosa from Andy(another shameless flytrapshop purchase)

ive had this guy for almost a year now maybe...
its growing pretty nicely, thought i would share some photos of it....
DSC02990-1.jpg

DSC02991-1.jpg

beautiful plant! I keep gaining more and more respect for N. ventricosa. Its amazing how many clones and color forms there are of them. Plus they are all easy to grow.

this one has grown quite fast! when it arrived it was maybe 1/4 the size of this....ill have to dig up some old pics!

Very nice. My N. ventricosa is starting to look like that. :3

Gosh I wish mine from Andy would be happy and grow like that! My poor guy has suffered as soon as he got here. I've got him with my Bical in a pseudo-lowland set up. Can a ventricosa vibe with those conditions or should I try and make his own specific set up? How can I make mine happy :(

Dex, just stick it in our window, that is how I grow mine in winter. Mine generally experiences nights in the 60's in summer and entire days in the 60's in winter and does fine. (its about to flower for the second year in a row.)

That is a nice plant as usual, knowing the grower. ;) I have three neps that i really can't identify as they look slightly different from the ventricosa or ventrata i've seen. But I have to say, that one is looking nice, mine never keeps more than about 5 leaves at a time. Also, as a side note, I like your ring. (If, indeed, that is your hand)

lol yep thats my hand alright....thanks man XD i love that ring.
thanks for the comments guys, its a pretty tough little plant

I had him in the window early in the fall but his leaves around the growth point started dying back so I decided to put him in the terrarium where he can at least kind of experience higher humidity. During the winter we heat with heat and sometimes the temps can have extreme swings from like maybe even 45 at night consistently. Hmmm...

Back