What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome aboard Glen!

Your plants look great as always. Thanks for sharing.

Welcome aboard Glen!

Your plants look great as always. Thanks for sharing.

Hey Keith!
How are things in Hawaii? Hearing from you gives me a renewed case of envy. It's pretty cold here in PA. My VFTs are all in the ice chest for the winter. I don't understand it, but the neps I have under the kitchen window are still growing and producing pitchers. Last year they just stopped in late November, even though I tried to trick them with artificial lights. I decided not to do that this year and they're producing robust growth. I'll never understand why the universe does not seem to want to comply with my expectations (except for washing the car, which never fails to immediately produce rain or snow--I don't do it anymore). Do yours slow down at all in the winter?

Nice plants, I really like the wings on your giant raff's.

Glen,

Things are great here in Hawaii. I just got back from a week and a half in Korea and it was COLD. My plants tend to slow down from December to early March, but I think it is more the shorter days / rains limiting the light than the slight drop in temp. I am gearing up to move all my plants to tent my house for termintes; not looking forward to that at all.....

Back