What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

so...does such a plant exist in real life?

so, there's a plant that i'd love to have...the only problem is the fact that i don't know if it even is a real plant....yet.

please hear me out.
i'd love to find a nepenthes that possesses a "wine shape" pitcher figure--something like an eymae, or jacquelineae (elongated though), that is lime green colored. Add to that, molted with purple speckling. and a large but flat permistone like jacquelineae or platychila but with the stripping design of a spectabilis.

does a plant like that even exist? if not, what would be the name of a Nepenthes (natural or hybrid) that closest resembles what i'm talking about?

Not sure if it exists, but if it doesn't, it could maybe be produced as a hybrid from the infundibular species you mentioned (not to mention inermis, of which I'm pretty sure there are lime green forms.) N. maxima would possibly be a good candidate to add the striping, being closely related to eymae. I know I haven't seen a picture of anything like that - I'm pretty sure I would remember that. :)
~Joe

PS - Wow, nice call Halt.

that is quite a nice platychila specimen. the only reason i have against it is the coloration of the speckling...it's more red than purple, like a nice dark purple would be super spiffy.

Isn't wine a liquid? Sorry to add no real value to your post, but I had to say it. :)

Never seen N. pitopangii before...but i will agree it looks super sexy....

something else crossed my mind, what if we inversed the color of the pitchers? a purple/burgundy body with lime green flecks? with a lime green candy-striped permistone?

@dash---argh! i meant "wine-shaped"

Wow.... Congrats man, on pulling out the most obscure and awesome nepenthes I have seen in a while.

thanks Brokken for that suggestion, however, the shape of the pitcher differs from what im trying to aim for....

maybe a cross between a platychila x jacquelineae(dark red) and spectabilis (north sumatra)?
anybody want to try crossing? unfortunately, i have none of these plants :p

Back