What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Some Nep. pics

droseraguy

Illinois
Just a couple pics of the bunch. All were seed grown by me except the albo's.

Nep. raff. x miranda
HPIM0811.jpg

Nep. albomarginata 'Gunug jerai'
HPIM0812.jpg

N. splendiana x [(veitchii x maxima) x vetchii]
HPIM0814.jpg

HPIM0815.jpg

HPIM0816.jpg

N. splendiana x (rokko x stenophylla)
HPIM0818.jpg

HPIM0817.jpg

N. splendiana x mixta
HPIM0819.jpg

HPIM0820.jpg

HPIM0821.jpg

HPIM0822.jpg

HPIM0823.jpg

HPIM0824.jpg

HPIM0825.jpg

Looks to me that you need to update your growlist! ;)

very nice variations you have there. did you create the raff x miranda cross yourself??

Wow, nice plants; thanks for sharing!

I have nothing quite flowering size as of yet so nope on the cross. All the seed was from trades with our own members here, some were outright give aways. Keep in mind that none of these guys have ever been in the sun, just 4' flurescent shop lights.

drosera guy, what conditions are those in?
do they get fertilized?
most are big for there age.
peace,
Zero

Here is a shot of some of the N. splendiana x mixta plants about a year ago. It seems that they are respond really well to feeding. You can see from the grow rack in the earlier post that there is plenty of room available. Well now there is none ! Temps run around 90 D and 80 N in the summer. Now they are closer to 75-80 D and 70 N . I've got 2 x 4' shop lights above each shelf so that's 4 bulbs. Feeding happens every two or three weeks with 1/4 strength orchid fert. Humidity is pretty low though right now being winter and all. The basement seems to suck it out of the enclosure, it's not really tight though either. Of all the seedlings 2 really took off and are potted in 6' pots, the rest are 4".

I've noticed that the N. lowii and N. albo are REALLY slow growing.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116433&page=2

The albo's look great :) good work.

New Name?

Hey Chris,
Things are really looking great! :bigthumpup:
You must be doing things right!:beer:

Oh, does this mean you are going to change your name/handle? :)
(Kidding)

Paul

Back