What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

So I bought some Nepenthes seed...

... and I honestly figured they would all be junk. So far 18 N.fusca have sprouted ! I also got some N.rafflesiana and N.ampularia at the same time...nothing on those yet. I wont be dissapointed if they don't do anything considering I was expecting them all to be no good. Has anyone else had any luck with random online Nepenthes seeds ?

-Johnny

LOL! I am like 0 for 6 in germinating any kind of Nep seeds!

were did you get the seeds from?

I had luck with N. maxima seeds. :-D

I got the N.fusca "Form A", N.rafflesiana "Mini", and N.ampularia "Spotted Hotlips" from Mu Yun Fat who sells under the name "siputbabi" and I just got some more that look even better from Ricardo Satyaloka who sells under the name "albermarlesounds". I'll post updates on those as well.

Ricardo Satyaloka who sells under the name "albermarlesounds" has good seed.

That was definitely the case with the first set I received, but at least the fusca were good.

I need to try some of those glabrata seed. Is it still on ebay? would u think its fresh enough?

FYI - if any of those sellers are outside the USA, you need an Aphis small lot of seed permit to legally bring the seeds into the country - afaik..... :0o:

good to know. Thanks :) . I did contact canadian customs for plant import permits and got all the required information but forgot asking them about seed.

Back