What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My new neps

Hey everyone....As you know i went to the nursery and all..Soo i got myself a couple of neps..

Here they are...

This is N Thoreli...I not it doesn't exist in cultivation but was sold to me as this sooo any experts to help me on this??

RIMG4030.jpg

Next is N fusca...I hope it'll grow well for me..

RIMG4033.jpg

N.Reinwardtiana var Samaradiensis

RIMG4035.jpg

And N dyeriana...I'm not sure its a remake but looks like it could get huge..

RIMG4036.jpg

Last but definitly not least would be N rafflesiana :-D

RIMG4037.jpg

RIMG4038.jpg

Thanks for viewing...If you have tips for growing them pls tell me :)

Ken

Hey Ken,

They look pretty good! I think that that "thorelii" is probably a red smilesii, another Indochinese Nep. I love how the reinwardtiana glows pink and that Dyeriana is splendid (How big are those?). Good luck with the fusca, I wonder how it will do in LL conditions.

Thorelii doesn't exist in cultivation?!Then what about the one I got from new trio?

Clue,

Thanks for the comments....What do you mean hw big is the dyeriana??? Biggest pitcher is about 3/4 or more of my palm?

Thanks Aaron

Marvin...Hah...I thought you knew about the whole thorelii mess and the indochinease thingy...Im also lost in all those...But as far as i know the realy thoreli which was describe is not in cultivation..

Oh yea if im wrong pls correct me

---------- Post added at 10:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Okay found a thread of sockhoms and this is a quote from him

All the plants known as thorelii in cultivation do not fit the type description of N. thorelii nor do they fit the lectotypes of that species.
The "thorelii" in cultivation are either other Indochinese species (some might be undescribed species) of hybrids between them.

Oh...then thorelii is extinct?But mine looks like gracilis lol

Thorelii is not currently positively identified to our current knowledge in cultivation. It could possibly be in someone's collection still and we just don't know yet, but it's doubtful. It is still very possible there can still be native plants in the wild, waiting for us too find them. This is a bit more likely. Thorelii hasn't been listed as extinct yet though.

Back