What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

most of my neps aren't looking that great this time of the year, but some are vining well. Most are growing fast but not pitchering due to the low humidity here.

Pics

albomarginata red

albored.jpg

copelandii mt apo

copelandiimtapo.jpg

copelandiimtapo2.jpg

"Gothica"

Gothica.jpg

Gothica2.jpg

izumiae x x trusmadiensis
izumiaexxtrusmadiensis.jpg

izumiaexxtrusmadiensis2.jpg

raff giant clone that doesn't grow well for me

raffgiant.jpg

raff x ? var. alata?
has a wide tendril

raffx2.jpg

raffx.jpg

my largest raff x amp? seed grown

raffxamp.jpg

raffxamp2.jpg

raffxamp3.jpg

truncata x veitchii small pitcher

truncataxveitchii.jpg

veitchii x lowii showing hairs under the lid

veitchiixlowii.jpg

veitchiixlowii2.jpg

ventricosa x ephippiata

ventricosaxephippiata.jpg

ventricosaxephippiata2.jpg

ventricosaxephippiata3.jpg

some vining neps.
I'm hoping for some flowers.

vines.jpg

vines2.jpg

vines3.jpg

vines4.jpg

vines5.jpg

Peace,
Zero

Even during bad times, your plants are still amazing as always. :)

wow, you're certainly a fantastic grower. :0o:

Wow, for not looking great this time of year they sure do look, well great! Thanks for sharing

Wow "some"?How does the raff does not grow well for you?Nice neps :)

First thing I did upon opening this thread was google albo red! I love that plant!

Nice stuff happening there for being "just" in a window! Have your tall vines ever flowered for you? If not I think if you hung some grow lights up in the ceiling the taller ones should pop some blooms for you. IIRC my Neps who were blooming size seemed to initiate blooms when I changed my old T12 tubes out for new ones. Maybe wait til spring when the light hours are longer and sun is stronger, then add a few shop lights on a 12 hour timer and maybe even dump some Orchid Bloom formula (1/4 strength) through their pots and see if they don't do something exciting in a month or so.

BTW what are the parents of Gothica? Never heard of it but it's awesome looking!

"Gothica" is a EP hybrid sibuyanensis X maxima.
The persitome can get very dark.

great looking vines, those things are huge... once my neps start vining I figure ugg I have to cut em back or trade em away... your making me rethink that however :)

great looking vines, those things are huge... once my neps start vining I figure ugg I have to cut em back or trade em away... your making me rethink that however :)
Agreed. In addition to all the great pics (thanks btw!), this is a reminder that most of these wonderful/cool Neps that we're growing are actually large vines - & will need lots of space! Wowza!

It looks like a small jungle! Good colors on the pitcher also. I really like the red albo, copelandii, and that raff x amp? just have stunning coloration, definitely a keeper.

Regards,

Christer

"The weather outside is frightful
but the Neps are so delightful..."

Beautiful nep's. just as nice as the ping's. in your other post , great job guy !
Want your skills .

I would like to see the whole grow rack, please? I've told a couple of people that I was getting a grow rack for Christmas but we took a look at the thing and saw that there was no way to ship it. So I'm going to have to build my own on a $60-100 budget.

---------- Post added at 06:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:28 PM ----------

Oh, and I mean the one with the cover to keep humidity in.

ieat100s, do you have a lowes nearby? The rack I have is from there for $80. It's big enough for a bunch of plants and fits 4ft floros. It comes in a fairly small box and you assemble it @ home.
PIC of my rack, It has 5 shelves but I only have 4 on it. It's adjustable.

RACK.jpg

This is great, thank you!

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

Oh, and yes, I do have a Lowes nearby.

Beautiful, Zero. Which Nepenthes are vining for you? Have the flowered before?

xvart.

xvart,
The vining neps are,
sanguinea orange
copelandii Mt Apo
"Ventrata"
"Red Leopard"
spectabilis x ventricosa
"Miranda"
"Leesii"
"Lady Pauline"
thorelii JAM clone n+w x 1976 LCS #2 superba mixta
and my ventricosa xx trusmadiensis is just starting to vine.:boogie:
Peace,
Zero

Fantastic. I love the overgrown look. Great plants! So are those vines supported at all, or are they managing to hold themselves up somehow?

Back