What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacqui-Ohhh!!!

wow i havent seen one that large rattler. i wish i could see all of you plants in person.
thanks
adam

well yah cant see that one, been dead around 2 years and i cant find a replacement.....

Wow! That's a neat hybrid. Generally it seems like plants with widened or exaggerated peristomes pass down their traits better than toothed peristomes like hamata or macrophylla.

The N. jacquelineae x izumiae popped up from the wild collected N. jacquelineae seed that was used to get them into cultivation. Considering the different shape of the N. izumiae, the N. jacquelineae comes through quite strongly. Should prove interesting for further use of these species in hybridizing.

I agree. Neps with pronounced toothy peristomes have only seemed to add raised ribs to the peristomes of their hybrid progeny.

Rattler, where were you able to get your N. jacq x izumaie from originally? Nice plant.

got it in trade from one of the CP dealers here in the US....believe the seller recieved them as pure jacs but the differances became apparent after the lil seedlings gained some size....the seed was collected by BE and they no longer have them for sale....been looking for another for the past 2 years and havent been able to find any....there are a few in collections here and a few in Europe that i have seen pics of....the vast majority of the pictures on BobZ's site are of my plant....

Rattler, hopefully you'll eventually get it back into your collection again.

And while I'm here, here is an update of that jacq pitcher

IMG_2195-1.jpg

Ahh man that is just gorgeous.... I need one of those lovely ladys in my life:-O

---------- Post added at 06:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Ahh man that is just gorgeous.... I need one of those lovely ladys in my life:-O

Thanks Dexenthes,

Here is one last shot of this pitcher, taken in sunlight

IMG_2447-1.jpg

Back