What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey guys,
I haven't been around much - too busy. Anyway, enough chit chat. Neps!

First, one of my homebrew hybrids, N. (thorellii x aristo) x truncata
Nthoreliixaristolochioidesxtruncata.jpg

Steady N. sp. 1:
NSp14.jpg

N. boschiana x unknown - this one is different from the others, and is very showy:
Nboschianaxunknown.jpg

Another homebrew hybrid, N. khasiana x Rokko 'exotcia' (might be x Predator, seeds mixed):
NkhasianaxRokkoq.jpg

N. petiolata
Npetiolata.jpg

N. spectabilis x (thorellii x aristolochioides)
Nspectabilisxthoreliixaristolochioi.jpg

(cont...)

---------- Post added at 03:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:57 AM ----------

Here's my two N. truncata King x Queens. I'm really excited by these and the pictures I've seen of others - they are going to have some serious color to them!

NtruncataKxQc11.jpg

NtruncataKxQc12.jpg

and finally N. veitchii x lowii throws a monster!
Nveitchiixlowii1-1.jpg

Oh, one more! Seedlings!
Seedlings6-mo.jpg

Capslock

Outrageously amazing as always. :)

astounding as always Max. The master sets the bar!! wow!!! All we can do is stare in amazement.

Finally! I was wondering when you were going to post some of your pictures. Awesome as always, what kind of seedlings do you have there?

N. petiolata reminds me of alata x truncata. I wonder why. :scratch:

How's the sp. Langkawi doing? That species sounds really neat. :-O

are you saying you made a couple of those hybrids? if so, that's awsome and they look great. all of your plants are fantastic, and I love those little seedings. :-D

Max,
Great colors in those baby Black truncatas! It's especially interesting to see how strong the colors are in the latest pitchers and much less in the prior ones. How's the platychila coming along?

WOW, your plants are beautiful; thanks for sharing!

Very nice neps! I can't wait to see what the Truncata (King of Spades/Queen of Hearts) will look like at maturing level.

Btw, I see you live in San Francisco. I'm currently planning on moving there after college. What's the winter weather like? Does it get very cold?

What are you feeding those Queen x King? They're the largest ones I've seen. However, I must say that Spec xx thor x aristo is my favorite of the bunch. :)

very nice collection.. sorry for the question but about how much does a nep. king of spades cost? I've seen it mature (picture) and they look amazing.

Very nice neps.
Some I han't heard of.

Yeah wow man, that spectabilis x (thorreli X aristo) is a real show stopper, to die for.

Especially love the veitchii x lowii. What a beaut. And yeah, your little royal truncatas are doing great! Thanks for posting pics, I always look forward to the long time growers showing us their stuff.

Thanks all!

Jayson, the seedlings are various mixes with N. ventricosa x lowii as the pollen donor. I sent pollen to a grower in Thailand and he sent me back seeds, crossed with things like N. mirabilis and N. viking. They were really fertile! There's also a batch of N. burbidgea seedlings in there - the smaller ones.

Ron, the N. platychilla is about to open two new uppers. Once those are spent, I'll chop the vine and make cuttings for the BACPS summer show and sale. The parent plant has big basals just starting to vine so I shouldn't have to wait long for uppers again.

Jag, if you can find one for sale let me know! I don't think there's any chance whatsoever of finding one for sale anywhere. Fortunately, they released these seedlings which you can find in the $50 range. I'd hurry before they're all gone though.

Back