What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Nepenthes Truncata

Wolfn

Agent of Chaos
Bought this sucker for about $9:

NepenthesTruncata1.jpg

nice! That's a great deal! .....I think.. right?

Great steal :-O
Are truncatas generally expensive when they're not the BE QoHxKoS?

They're nice plants, and well priced! Compared to other neps. They're vigorous growers, My Pasian, and black trunc never skip a beat.

9 bucks is really a steal. cant wait to see this baby grown all up.

It will grow into a great nep:)

I don't know why anybody would ever say N. truncata is a vigorous grower. They are known for how slowly they grow!

he was just trying to make him feel better

he could mean vigorous as in a good strong, reliable grower ;p doesnt necessarily have to be fast to be vigorous....they are vigorous for a slower growing species ;)

It is really slow grower. It still looks the same to me and hasn't grown at all.

of course its a slow grower, i get a new leaf once every month and a half or so on mine, but its pretty hardy ;)

Looks like a pretty decent use of nine dollars. :)

Updated picture as of today. A couple leaves died, but it sent out a new leaf. Still is very slow growing, however:

NepenthesTruncata1.jpg

I must be a truncata wizard or something, I've had this plant a year and it was 3in when I got it....

Ntruncata03.jpg

the pitchers on that are pretty small for its size exo, give it some more light ;)
my truncata is about 9" in diameter and produces pitcher about 8-9"
waiting to see how big this next one will be...

the pitchers on that are pretty small for its size exo, give it some more light ;)
my truncata is about 9" in diameter and produces pitcher about 8-9"
waiting to see how big this next one will be...

Is that why they are small? Huh, I had no idea....???

Updated picture as of today. A couple leaves died, but it sent out a new leaf. Still is very slow growing, however:

Don't worry, I find that it starts to grow faster as it grows larger. I get a new leaf once a month. Also just wondering, how many offshoots do people get off of their plants? I have one 6 inch basal and 2 small 2 leaf offshoots coming higher up off the stem.

No basal on mine yet.

Veitchii and any hybrids in it for me have a wickedly slow growth rate. My J. Finn and Veitchii x Platychila spend more time growing hairs than leaves for me.

The leaves that come out are like succulent thick and they have a visible wax coat on them as well!

With neps, you get what you wait for really.

Back